Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
main courses | serves 6
Prosciutto fat is easy to come by at Jamie’s Italian, but if you can’t get any from your friendly Italian deli owner use extra pork fat instead.
1. Preheat the oven to 120C/gas ˝. Melt the fats in a casserole over a low heat. Add the rabbit and pancetta and cook over a medium heat for 5–8 minutes, until golden. Add the veg, garlic, parsley and bay and cook gently for 5 minutes, until soft. Add the wine and herbs and simmer for 5 minutes, until the wine is reduced by half. Stir in the chilli and stock, and season. Cook, covered, in the oven for 3–4 hours.
2. When ready to eat, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Meanwhile, gently bring the ragů to the boil on the hob, then remove from the heat and keep warm. Stir in the drained pasta, mascarpone, lemon juice and butter, and season. Stir well so every pasta strand is coated and let sit for 1 minute to allow the pasta to absorb the sauce. Divide between plates and serve with parmesan, pangrattato and lemon zest.
Note Pangrattato is simply Italian for breadcrumb. To make your own, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan, add 1 smashed garlic clove and fry until golden. Add about 50 grams of breadcrumbs and some seasoning, and fry over a high heat, tossing regularly, until golden and crunchy.
Per serving 749 cals, 33.5g fat (15.9g saturated), 34.5g protein, 73.6g carbs, 8.3g sugars
Recipe Jamie's Italian
Photo Sam Stowell
from Issue 28
ingredients• 30g pork fat, chopped
• 35g prosciutto fat, chopped
• 1 x 700g wild rabbit, deboned and diced (about 450g meat)
• 35g pancetta, diced
• 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
• 1 small leek, finely chopped
• 1 carrot, finely chopped
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• A small handful of parsley stalks, finely chopped
• 1 bay leaf
• 90ml white wine
• ˝ small bunch of sage, leaves picked and chopped
• 2 rosemary sprigs, leaves picked and chopped
• 1 red chilli, finely chopped
• 500ml vegetable stock
• 500g tagliolini
• 4 tbsp mascarpone
• Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
• 20g butter
• 40g parmesan
• 40g pangrattato (see note)