Vanillekipferl - Vanilla Crescents

DEC 16 @ 13:38

by SusanneH

They are a traditional Austrian and southern German Christmas cookies.
I swear my Grandma's are the best! They just fall apart in the mouth. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmh!
Here they are:

Vanilla Crescents

250 g flour
180 g butter
100 g ground almonds
90 g sugar

lots of vanilla sugar

method:
Make a dough from all ingredients except vanilla sugar and form thick crescents (like the moon in a comic strip or a smile - just make a "sausage" with slightly pointed ends and then bend a bit).

Bake at 180°C (350°F) for about 15 minutes until they start to become light brown.

Flip in vanilla sugar while still hot. (Careful, the crescents fall to pieces easily while they are still hot, but when they are to cold the sugar wont stick).

If you like the crescents with more vanilla flavor add a little vanilla extract or real vanilla to the dough. (e.g. use the vanilla of one vanilla bean in the dough and stick the bean in a jar with sugar. Half an hour or so later you have lots of vanilla sugar to turn the cookies in at the end. The dough will wait in the fridge until you are ready.)

1 reply

Login or register to make a comment

DEC 17 @ 00:09

by Cindy

These look yummm, I may have to make some for the xmas break...

Pages: 1
var signup = { alphapopper: '#popup1', thanks_gift_image: 'gift-card-wine-us.png', ignore_cookie: false, is_logged_in: false, is_carl:false, is_allowed: true, is_dormant: false }
$(document).ready(function(){ //for restaurants page if ($(location).attr('href') == "http://www.jamieoliver.com/restaurants"){ $('#restaurants_menu_wrapper').css('display','block'); } // Jo ROADBLOCK section 2 // Jo ROADBLOCK section 2 end });