Mothers Day (At least in Canada)

MAY 10 @ 16:04

by chacha1103

Well tomorrow is Mothers Day in Canada (I dunno about the rest of the world) and I'm cooking my Mom a nice light lunch. I am making a mint, pea and prosciutto soup and some light lamb chops. I'll post the soup recipe down below for you guys. I'm trying to make this blog a (at least) weekly thing so I can get involved in the site a bit more! 

Pea and mint soup with prosciutto
(Serves 4)

Ingredients...

2 tbsp  olive oil plus extra to drizzle
4 slices prosciutto
Sea salt and black pepper
Large handful of mint (leaves only)
500g peas (frozen of fresh)
3/4 cup creme fraiche (generous amount)

Heat olive oil in a skillet. Cook prosciutto over high heat till golden brown and crisp ... turning once. Drain oil and place on paper toil. Add the mint leaves to a medium pan of salted boiling water. After a little while add the peas and blanch for 2-3 min. Drain, reserve liquor (cooking liquid). Tip peas and mint into blender. Add just enough of the hot liquor to cover and blend until smooth and pureed. Add a generous drizzle of olive oil and all but 4 tbsp of the creme fraiche. Season with salt and pepper to taste and pulse for a few seconds to combine. Pour the soup into warm bowls and dollop the reserved creme fraiche on top then scatter over the cripsy prosciutto and serve.

{From "Gordon Ramsay's Fast Food" by Gordon Ramsay}

0 replies

Login or register to make a comment

Pages: 1
var signup = { alphapopper: '#popup1', thanks_gift_image: 'gift-card-wine-us.png', ignore_cookie: false, is_logged_in: false, is_carl:false, is_allowed: true, is_dormant: false }