Ginger-Nut-Biscotti

DEC 22 @ 22:43

by SusanneH

Toast both kinds of nuts without fat.

Beat eggs and sugar to make a creamy mass. Sift flour and baking powder into the same bowl. Add nuts and ginger and knead together.

From the sticky soft dough form a small loaf of at least 25 cm length. Bake for 160°C for 45 min on a baking sheet lined with non-stick paper till golden.

Leave to cool for 20 minutes. Then cut into 1 cm thick slices. Bake slices for 10 minutes from each side.

(if slices are too big half diagonally before second baking like in the picture)

I tried these for the first time today and they are lovely!

4 replies

Login or register to make a comment

DEC 23 @ 20:15

by MsPablo

Mmmm, I love candied ginger, have to give this one a try.

DEC 23 @ 20:31

by SusanneH

Hi MsPablo!
Merry Christmas!

They were great this morning with a lovely cup of tea big_smile

DEC 24 @ 18:21

by minerva

Made these this afternoon, substituting pecans for the walnuts (not keen on walnuts), & adding 1 tsp ground ginger (we like a bit more pep!) & they turned out really well. Thanks for the recipe.

JAN 05 @ 22:32

by SusanneH

You're welcome. The recipe I derived this from called for pecans really. But pecans here are much rarer and more expensive and it was a spontaneous thing, so I used walnuts. And as I did not have enough left, I used almonds too. lol
I also tweaked the method a little and voilá.
So basically you changed it back wink
But I LOVE walnuts and thought the almonds worked well, so was quite happy with "my" version wink

Pages: 1
var signup = { alphapopper: '#popup1', thanks_gift_image: 'gift-card-wine-us.png', ignore_cookie: false, is_logged_in: false, is_carl:false, is_allowed: true, is_dormant: false }
$(document).ready(function(){ //for restaurants page if ($(location).attr('href') == "http://www.jamieoliver.com/restaurants"){ $('#restaurants_menu_wrapper').css('display','block'); } // Jo ROADBLOCK section 2 // Jo ROADBLOCK section 2 end });