Jamie Oliver var noskimwords = 'true'; var _comscore = _comscore || []; _comscore.push({ c1: "2", c2: "17817337" }); (function() { var s = document.createElement("script"), el = document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0]; s.async = true; s.src = (document.location.protocol == "https:" ? "https://sb" : "http://b") + ".scorecardresearch.com/beacon.js"; el.parentNode.insertBefore(s, el); })(); (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-38610140-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');

Lamb with herbs and black pepper

JUL 26 @ 11:14

by JC85

Serves 6

Ingredients:
2 cups of coriander leaves
1/2 cup mint leaves
1/2 cup fresh grated coconut ( I used coconut paste thing that comes in solid blocks from the supermarket)
about 20 skinned almonds or cashew nuts ( I used cashew)
6 green chillies ( we used 3 and it was HOT)
a pinch of mustard seeds or mustard powder or 1/2 teaspoon of mustard
4 tablespoons of oil
1.5 cm piece of cinnamon broken
4 green cardamon pods
3 cloves
200 gr of oinions (we used much more than that, cos we love onions)
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
2.5 x1.5 piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
1kg of stewing lamb ( we used shoulder of lamb)
1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
1 1/2 teaspoons coriander powder
3/4 teaspoons of cumin powder
100 ml of full fat yogurt, whipped
salt
1 tablespoon of lemon or lime juice
1 teaspoon of black pepper
1/2 teaspoon of garam masala
1 tablespoon of chopped of coriander leaves.

1. Put the coriander leaves, mint leaves, coconut, nuts, green chillies and mustard in a food processor and blend to a fine puree, adding 60 ml of water ( I added more to make it into a puree)

2. In a shallow pot, heat the oil, then add the cinnamon, cardamons and cloves. After 1 minute, add the onions and sautee for 15 min until the onions are just turning brown, then add the garlic, ginger and the lamb. Then turn the heat to a medium-high and sautee the lamb for 5 min. Add the turmeric, the coriander and the cumin powders and stir the lamb continuously for a few minutes so that it is thoroughly coated with the spices.

3. Turn the heat down very low then slowly add the yogurt and once again stir fry for a few minutes . Add the green puree and 400 ml of water and 1 teaspoon of salt, bring to the boil and cover to simmer for 45 min in a low heat. Then add the lemon, check the seasoning. If you want more curry sauce, add more water.

4. When ready to serve, sprinkle with black pepper and garam masala powder. Stir well. Serve and garnish with the chopped fresh coriander leaves.

2 replies

Login or register to make a comment

JUL 26 @ 22:51

by frizz1974

Thanks for that JC!

JUL 27 @ 10:12

by JC85

No prob hun! Enjoy it smile

Pages: 1
var signup = { alphapopper: '#popup1', thanks_gift_image: 'gift-card-wine-us.png', ignore_cookie: false, is_logged_in: false, is_carl:false, is_allowed: true, is_dormant: false }