Trip to Jamie's Italian in Bath

AUG 09 @ 17:09

by Mrs Gibba

Last weekend G and I went off to Bath (a late birthday pressie for me!).  We were fortunate enough to be able to eat on the Saturday night at Jamie's Italian.  We'd walked past at lunch time and there was a massive queue outside, so didn't know what to expect come the evening.  We were relatively early in, and were shown a table straight away.  The place was busy but all the staff were really friendly, and we weren't rushed during our meal at all.

For starters, we had bread and dipping oil/vinegar, which included some very nice breads.

For mains, G had Italian sausage parpadelle and I had ravioli caramelle (a squash based ravioli).  On the side we had Gennaro's salad of mint, broad beans and rocket - and rather annoyingly as it wasnít on the menu, for me there were slices of celery in it - I can't stand celery, but quickly learnt to eat around those bits!

For desert we both had coffees and ice cream (weirdly, the coffee came first).  We also shared a bottle of the house organic chardonnay - very drinkable!

Overall, a really nice meal, and the staff were fabulous and were working so hard!  Would I recommend it?   Definitely big_smile

2 replies

Login or register to make a comment

AUG 09 @ 20:29

by sessan

A little envoius....smile

AUG 10 @ 01:51

by JoyYamDaisy

A lovely pressie!smile

Pages: 1
var signup = { alphapopper: '#popup1', thanks_gift_image: 'gift-card-wine-us.png', ignore_cookie: false, is_logged_in: false, is_carl:false, is_allowed: true, is_dormant: false }
$(document).ready(function(){ //for restaurants page if ($(location).attr('href') == "http://www.jamieoliver.com/restaurants"){ $('#restaurants_menu_wrapper').css('display','block'); } // Jo ROADBLOCK section 2 // Jo ROADBLOCK section 2 end });