Pistachio Cheese Crisps

AUG 28 @ 19:59

by ljbritt50

When I previously posted my recipe for cheese crisps, JoyYamDaisy commented that she had tried them with pine nuts and parmesan cheese. That got me to thinking about alternatives. I didn't have any pine nuts, so I substituted finely chopped pistachio nuts. While shopping, my husband and I found some smoked gouda and swiss cheese that were very low in sodium. We decided to combine the three ingredients in different combinations and see what we could come up with. After several experimentations, I also got the idea to use an egg poaching ring as a mould for the shape, instead of the strange free form crackers that were emerging. These are the delicious results! Thank you for sharing JoyYamDaisy! You have inspired me thumbsup

1 reply

Login or register to make a comment

AUG 29 @ 04:00

by JoyYamDaisy

I am so pleased (I got the recipe from my friend Lin!). these look great!smile

Pages: 1
var signup = { alphapopper: '#popup1', thanks_gift_image: 'gift-card-wine-us.png', ignore_cookie: false, is_logged_in: false, is_carl:false, is_allowed: true, is_dormant: false }
$(document).ready(function(){ //for restaurants page if ($(location).attr('href') == "http://www.jamieoliver.com/restaurants"){ $('#restaurants_menu_wrapper').css('display','block'); } // Jo ROADBLOCK section 2 // Jo ROADBLOCK section 2 end });