Winchester Farmers Market

OCT 01 @ 09:02

by morwenna

On Sunday Nathan and I went to visit my sister in Winchester, and before taking her out for lunch we went to the farmers market, which is the largest in Hampshire so I was very excited! I was so enthralled in everything that I forgot to snap some photos, hopefully I will remember next time. There were so many stalls laden with delicious bounty such as fruits, vegetables, honey, meats, game, fish, seafood, baked goods, preserves, flowers, garlic, wool, sheepskins, fresh hog roast, buffalo burgers and roasted mushroom sandwiches. It was a veritable feast for our eyes and noses, let alone our tummies! We sampled cheese, jam, ketchup, and cider and all were truly scrumptious. As I am in the process of setting up a tiny cottage industry of my homemade cakes, confectionery, jams and chutneys it was wonderful to see all of these other business thriving in the current economy and to also see what the competition are doing and how to differentiate my products.

Something I was particularly excited to see were all of the beautiful pumpkins. I was so thrilled that I had to buy the biggest one there!
These are all of the delicious treats that we bought:
Local set honey
Beeswax candles
Organic houmus
New forest blue cheese
Organic heirloom tomatoes
Hot chillies including birds eye and scotch bonnet
Organic onions
Organic beetroots
Organic pumpkin
Isle of Wight garlic for growing Provence Wight, Chesnok Wight and Elephant
Ornamental gourds
Russet apple cider
Nathan was hungry and wanted to try a delicious buffalo burger rather than a sandwich from the deli, so he had one!

Now I cannot wait for the next market which is in two weeks time big_smile

1 reply

Login or register to make a comment

OCT 01 @ 10:45

by JoyYamDaisy

Just Wonderful!thumbsup

Pages: 1
$(document).ready(function(){ //for restaurants page if ($(location).attr('href') == "http://www.jamieoliver.com/restaurants"){ $('#restaurants_menu_wrapper').css('display','block'); } // Jo ROADBLOCK section 2 // Jo ROADBLOCK section 2 end });