White Chocolate Orange Soufflé

MAR 14 @ 21:50

by klmleung

Mmm~~ it was quite yummy I have to say big_smile a little sweet for my mom though. Taste similar to actually eating a cube of orange white chocolate. However, the texture is still not up to par yet - I know why now this time: the egg white was not beat long enough to stiff peak (I was too hasty and worried that I will over beat). Need to practiceeeeee moreeee big_smile

Adopted from Gordon Ramsay's Dark Chocolate Soufflé 

White Chocolate Orange Soufflé

Ingredients (makes 2 ramekins)
100ml milk
15g cornflour
zest of 1 orange
35g of white chocolate (this can be varied according to taste)
2 egg yolks

100 g egg whites (about 3 large egg whites)
75g caster sugar

1 . Preheat oven at 130C/300F (fan) and brush ramekins with butter.
2 . Pour milk into a small pan with cornflour and zest. Mix until no lumps are found. Do this while gently heating (medium heat) the mixture. (You can use a whisk or a spatula to do this).
3 . When mixture comes together and has a yoghurt-ty texture, remove from heat and add in the white chocolate. Stir gently until the white chocolate is incorporated.
4 . (Cool the mixture if it is still quite hot) Add the egg yolks and quickly, but gently, stir them in one at a time. Set aside. *important that the mixture is not too hot as it might scramble the eggs and create a lumpy base.
5 . For the meringue, beat the egg whites using a whisk or an electric mixer in a clean glass or metal bowl till stiff peaks. Add in the sugar in a few additions and mix well until just incorporated. *Don't over mix!
6 . Transfer a little (maybe a ladle) of the meringue into the orange chocolate base and stir them together until well mixed. This allows the mixture to come to a similar consistency for easier mixing. Pour this into the meringue and gently fold it in until they are well combined.
7 . Fill the ramekins with the soufflé batter slightly over the rim.  Smooth out the top by running a palette knife (or something flat) over the ramekin. Clean the rim with a cloth or kitchen towel.
8 . Bake for 13-15 minutes until well risen, and the top is set and slightly golden brown.
9 . If you like, serve it with whipped cream, ice cream or a dusting of cocoa powder.

Enjoy! wink

0 replies

Login or register to make a comment

Pages: 1
$(document).ready(function(){ //for restaurants page if ($(location).attr('href') == "http://www.jamieoliver.com/restaurants"){ $('#restaurants_menu_wrapper').css('display','block'); } // Jo ROADBLOCK section 2 // Jo ROADBLOCK section 2 end });