yesterday's green juice ingredients

APR 19 @ 08:01

by Allora Andiamo

..... 4 big handfuls of spinach, 1 large broccoli floret, 3 carrots, 2 apples, 1 orange and 1 cucumber.....oh, and a banana which i added to the finished juice before whizzing it up in the blender ...this made approx. 1 litre of juice which i drank throughout the day to keep my energy levels up big_smile

3 replies

Login or register to make a comment

APR 19 @ 15:54

by MsPablo

That sounds good to me.  Can I do this in a blender?  I would like to use mostly leafy greens, no citrus because I am suffering some indigestion these days.

APR 19 @ 17:57

by Allora Andiamo

hey MsP big_smile

yes, you could do it in a blender but you'll need a strong motor....most 'average' blenders can't handle the harder fruits or veggies but you can grate the hard stuff first which will make blending easier......you may need to add a little bit of water too (or juice if you prefer)....you'll just end up with a smoothie instead of a juice but the taste will almost be the same smile

hth wave

APR 24 @ 21:04

by MsPablo

Thanks AA.  I am trying not to accumulate more appliances as I have run out of cupboard space.  I love your health recipes.  Somehow, they seem nicer to me than the ones where the ingredients get a bit scary and weird.

Pages: 1
var signup = { alphapopper: '#popup1', thanks_gift_image: 'gift-card-wine-us.png', ignore_cookie: false, is_logged_in: false, is_carl:false, is_allowed: true, is_dormant: false }
$(document).ready(function(){ //for restaurants page if ($(location).attr('href') == "http://www.jamieoliver.com/restaurants"){ $('#restaurants_menu_wrapper').css('display','block'); } // Jo ROADBLOCK section 2 // Jo ROADBLOCK section 2 end });