green tomatoes

SEP 24 @ 22:20

by Grandmadamada

I cropped like a mad between a little rain and a temporale short after thatthumbsup

2 replies

Login or register to make a comment

SEP 25 @ 18:30

by minerva

What are you going to make with them?
My gluts of Green Tomatoes are nearly always turned into chutney for Xmas gifts.

MsPabs has just today given me a timely reminder of the work still to be done for Xmas cards & gifts.
I think tomorrow will find me searching out vinegar, spices, apples & sugar to use up what's left of the unripened crop.

I have Damsons & Plums lurking at the bottom of the fridge too that needs to be turned into something delicious for the Dark Months.

SEP 25 @ 22:46

by Grandmadamada

my husband has a recipe by his mother which says to boil them in vinegar and water I think and then store them in oil, is it that?????
I thought I could store them in the basement and wait for them to ripe wink, do you think they will as in summer?

Pages: 1
var signup = { alphapopper: '#popup1', thanks_gift_image: 'gift-card-wine-us.png', ignore_cookie: false, is_logged_in: false, is_carl:false, is_allowed: true, is_dormant: false }
$(document).ready(function(){ //for restaurants page if ($(location).attr('href') == "http://www.jamieoliver.com/restaurants"){ $('#restaurants_menu_wrapper').css('display','block'); } // Jo ROADBLOCK section 2 // Jo ROADBLOCK section 2 end });