Cuban Coconut Shrimp with Guava Dipping Sauce.
by Cuban Cuisine
1 lb large raw shrimp
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
1/2 cup guava paste
2 tablespoon chile paste
2 cups bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated coconut, available through www.cubancuisine.co.uk (coco rallado)
2 large eggs, beaten
4 cups cooking oil
11. Combine dry ingredients of bread crumbs and grated coconut in a medium size bowl and set aside.
22. Beat two eggs inn a small bowl and set aside.
33. Pour Hidden Valley Ranch Dip Mix into small bowl.
44. Devein the shrimp.
55. Now starts the assembly line: For each shrimp, coat with the dip spices and then dip them into the egg wash
66. Finally coat the shrimp in the bread crumb mixture.
77. Heat Cooking oil and only deep fry the shrimp when the oil is quite hot until golden brown.
88. Combine guava paste, chile paste and a splash of lemon juice to create dipping sauce.