Smoothie-sailing through the week

APR 10 @ 16:15

by jenfuchigami

With the hopes of beach weather coming some time soon, I've kicked up my exercise routine and added some healthy smoothies to start my day. I've been using a basic recipe and changing the veg/fruits for a little variety and vitamin mix.

The 'green monster' with spinach is a bit frightening to look at but, believe me you can't taste the spinach.

As you can see from the picture, Friday was a bit of a cheat day but it was 'Fiesta Friday' and a little booze for the party was needed. However, I didn't add any mixers to my vodka and I drank it straight to keep it low-cal, so that's kinda healthy sort of?? Hehe, well thats my view on it.

Here is my basic smoothie recipe:

1/2 banana slices (frozen)
1/2 cup plain, natural low fat greek yogurt
1 tablespoon natural, no sugar added peanut butter
1/4 cup ice & splash of water or juice
1/4 cup fruit of your choice (eg: blueberries, strawberries, rasberries, pineapple) or 1 cup of fresh spinach for the 'green monster' shake.
1/2 scoop protein powder (optional) - I add this when I've finished a big workout in the morning

1 reply

Login or register to make a comment

APR 15 @ 14:31

by @nGoose1

Not sure about the spinach and protein powder.
Avocado is my favourite at the moment
Simple
Avocado
Agave Cactus Syrup (healthier than sugar)
Lime
thatís Mexican yummy breakfast
The idea of peanut butter has me thinking

Pages: 1
var signup = { alphapopper: '#popup1', thanks_gift_image: 'gift-card-wine-us.png', ignore_cookie: false, is_logged_in: false, is_carl:false, is_allowed: true, is_dormant: false }