forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#51 Fri 21 Oct 05 2:48pm

Stefanie

Forum champ
From Flashing my gold
Member since Fri 09 Jul 04

Re: A message for the Oliver Family.

Thanks Mrs D for the heads up on the flu shots,and the info on it.
My friend got the flu shot,and she ended up with sore muscles AND a slight fever!  :shock:
Sweet joke!
lol

Kaff...snow isn't always slippery,only when it isn't that cold and it starts getting slushy...but you already know that!  wink
Now this reminds me of the time when I took that trip to Lake Mountains in Melbourne this June.
It started snowing,but then it got slushy and everyone around me was going down literally!
I was walking really slowly cos I didn't want to dirty my leather jacket  roll and I had snow boots on so it was pretty ok...until my sister ran,slipped and dragged me down... evil

Likes (0)

#52 Fri 21 Oct 05 2:55pm

frizz1974

Forum super champ
Occupation Mother of 2 working more than full time
From Wallerawang, Oz
Member since Wed 29 Jun 05

Little siblings do that! How old is your sister Stef?

Likes (0)

#53 Fri 21 Oct 05 3:19pm

mercedes

Forum champ
Occupation Save a tree, eat a Beaver
From the boonies
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

tell me i read your one post wrong....about the snow in ThunderBay.... :shock: ...that means it will be here soon!!..I dont want it , you can keep it! Hope your flu goes away soon...We dont get our shots till Nov. 12th...I dont mind it but hubby is a big baby when it comes to needles! Other than that all is well here, we are preparing for Halloween! I'm gonna be a witch..not a far stetch from real life wink  My eldest is going to be an Elephant and the newbie is gonna be a spider...so should be spooky good fun come the 31st! Well you have a good day Mrs. D and get better soon
hugs and zerberts,
Mercs

Likes (0)

#54 Fri 21 Oct 05 3:52pm

Stefanie

Forum champ
From Flashing my gold
Member since Fri 09 Jul 04

Sweet deal,Mercs!
Remember to take loads of pictures!

Belle,would you believe it...SEVENTEEN?
:twisted:

Likes (0)

#55 Fri 21 Oct 05 10:52pm

Mrs.D.

From Heart Of The Canadian North
Member since Fri 30 Sep 05

I'm so glad to hear from you Kittenclaws, I was starting to get a little worried, [just can't take the mother out of me]. Not quite sure what I did to everyone, people are giving up their nicknames like I slipped everyone some truth serum or something! If your real name was Kitten-claws, I'd want a drink of whatever your parents were having the night they named you.  wink. Hello Frizz1974, very nice to talk to you. I couldn't help but smile when I read your nickname was a result of your hair. A sense of humor is worth it's weight in gold. Take Care guys, I send you a smile, and my best wishes,..Mrs.D.. big_smile

Likes (0)

#56 Fri 21 Oct 05 11:23pm

Mrs.D.

The snow didn't stick around completely, but it's -4 below Celsius so we've got some more on the way tonight, [so much for the flash weather report]. What is it that your studying for Stef? I was thinking about dressing up again this year for Halloween Mercedes, but I'm not sure I want to give my husband that much ammunition. He fancies himself quite the comedian, [why spoil all his fun by telling him the truth], he works so hard at it. lol Now I don't want anyone to over react when I tell you this, but this Halloween should be a good one because, my 2 year old "grandson" [before we go any further I have to tell you that I'm a very, very, very young grandma],will be visiting me for trick or treats in his new dinosaur costume, [Kodak moment kinda thing]. I was 21 when I had my eldest, and she was 22 when she had my grandson, [so if you must, I leave the math to you]. I will try to pop in later but for right now, I have to go free my dog, who just got his head stuck in the cupboard where the garbage is, [only in my house! ], Ta, Ta,..Mrs.D.

Likes (0)

#57 Sat 22 Oct 05 12:08am

kittenclaws

Forum champ
From The Med
Member since Tue 06 Jul 04

Isn't it lovely?  big_smile

I really hope it's cheered you up and it all began with your sweet thoughts for the Oliver family.

I don't know whether to have the flu-jab or not. I only ever had it once when I was much, much younger, younger even than Pete is now and I was presumably more resilient then and I don't think I've had such a bad cold before or since so I'm very nervous of having it now. I don't think anyone can really advise on it, not even the doctors unless they're your family doctor who knows your history and I don't have one of those.

I'll take my chances I think.

Likes (0)

#58 Sat 22 Oct 05 12:47am

Mrs.D.

I had to pop back for a moment to tell you my dog is fine, other than his intelligence level,  [before anyone gets concerned], and to ask the ladies if their driven crazy by the men in their house who continually lose their KEYS? I'm beginning to think that lurking somewhere in my home is a black hole that contains some kind of magnetic pull! I'm serious, I have key rings on the wall beside each door, very noticeable ones at that. The only thing I don't have, are great big arrows pointing them out, [I guess that's next]! It's not that I mind helping him to look for them, but after so many years you'd think that his average would have at least gone up even a little bit. Years back, my late Auntie May from London, Eng. sent him a key ring around 4 inches long that you could clip on one of loops around the waist of your pants, he lost it! I once heard Rosanne Barr say that men believed a women's uterus was some kind of tracking device, and I'd never forgotten that because, I realized she was probably making millions of dollars just talking about something I deal with almost every day, [something just not fair about that].I guess I should be as honest as I can and tell you that in the past few years I've started to lose things almost as much as my husband, [woe, that's a scary thought]. As long as I don't misplace actual human beings, I guess we'll make out just fine. Well I should give your weary eyes a break before you fall asleep at the computer, Take Care ALL, and I hope everyone has a great weekend, AND a reason to smile, Bye for now,..Mrs.D..  :idea:  P.S...It just dawned on me about that Roseanne remark, ages back I had a Hysterectomy, it's no bloody wonder my husband and I can't find anything!  :?

Likes (0)

#59 Sat 22 Oct 05 2:01am

Mrs.D.

You were absolutely spot on about only taking your family doctor's advice when it comes to getting a flu shot! Very happy you picked up on that. I've been reading back from the start of this topic, [tried 2 or 3 times before], and I still can't get past the first few messages without tearing up a little. Not quite sure what that means, if anything. What I do notice is that even when I get a little teary eyed, I'm smiling. In the movie "Steel Magnolias", someone says that laughter through tears is their favorite emotion, mine too. I realize how corny I must sound sometimes, but that's me. I'm corny, sappy, sentimental and about 10 more words that mean the same thing. Maybe that's not all that bad in today's world, [and I can say, without any reservations], All My Love,..Mrs.D.

Likes (0)

#60 Sat 22 Oct 05 3:19am

kittenclaws

Forum champ
From The Med
Member since Tue 06 Jul 04

Believe me Mrs D. I dont go for corny or sappy. Sentimental sometimes. If only this website would get a PM facility. Is anyone listening?

If the scene in "Steel Magnolias" that you're referring to is after the funeral and Sally Fields lets rip, it gets me every time.

Likes (0)