forum: FAQ's

Subscribe to forums RSS

#71 Wed 18 Nov 09 1:40pm

venique

Member since Wed 02 Sep 09

Re: Conversions

Hi Guys

This has absolutly nothing to do with the topic. I'm looking at buying a set of Jamie Oliver pots but there is just too many to choose from. Anyone got some tips??

Venique

Likes (0)

#72 Thu 19 Nov 09 8:47am

jerkseasoning

Member since Thu 05 Nov 09

I don't know iof this helps, but always buy the best as inexpensively as possible, shop around thumbsup

Likes (0)

#73 Fri 20 Nov 09 8:53am

jerkseasoning

Member since Thu 05 Nov 09

REGAARDING CONVERSIONS, have put this out of sequence, sorry all,    yes I agree, thanks to you
young mum  = am going to print this out- cheers! thumbsup

Last edited by jerkseasoning (Fri 20 Nov 09 8:56am)

Likes (0)

#74 Mon 13 Sep 10 2:37pm

lisamk

Occupation self employed
From MD
Member since Sun 12 Sep 10

after my grandmother passed my mother asked me if i wanted to go thru her recipe box. my grandmother was the type that the whole neighborhood showed up. dinner was always at her house. she was the best cook for miles. (my family has had 2 restaurants). so getting into her magic box was exciting. my mother and i planned a special day. before opening it we agreed on how it would be decided on who would get what, and who would ultimately keep the box.

upon opening it and going thru the hundreds of handwritten note cards we were shocked.
card after card of the same ingredients lists. a few directions here and there. AND NO TITLES. there were ingredients lists, but only a few had measurements that were different from all the other recipes.

It's remarkable how identical about 100 or more recipes all look the same, and not one of them are!

to this day neither of us have made a thing from my grandmothers collection  because we have no idea what anything is. we said, well, we can start one card at a time to see what it produces. but neither of us really have.

It's truly a treasured box.

Likes (0)

#75 Mon 13 Sep 10 2:54pm

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

What a treasure box, and a puzzle Lisamk! I hope you can make the recipes some day! smile

Likes (0)

#76 Mon 13 Sep 10 3:30pm

nanstertoo

Forum champ
Occupation Retired nurse-midwife
From High Point, North Carolina
Member since Tue 17 Jun 08

I have my mothers recipe box also, and I do sometimes make things from it, mostly it's just fun sometimes to see things written by her (and my dad, since he cooked as well).
And there are recipes cut out of newspapers, and it's fun to see what is on the other side of the recipe.  Once I was able to date a recipe because of an advertisement for a movie which was on the reverse.

Likes (0)

#77 Mon 13 Sep 10 3:54pm

lisamk

Occupation self employed
From MD
Member since Sun 12 Sep 10

thanks young mum for the fruits veg and nuts list! thats what im talking about

but really all of the charts posted are extremely helpful. !

Likes (0)

#78 Fri 28 Oct 11 6:24pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

Now please bear with me  hmm if 1 cup of walnuts = 3 1/2 oz, what is that in grammes x 3 cups....i'm useless i know, even if i have my very own measuring cups now thanks to someone wink  kiss

Likes (0)

#79 Sat 29 Oct 11 12:50am

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

Hmm according to the convertor I just used 10.5oz = 310.52206171874997g
Is that any  help    question

Likes (0)

#80 Sat 29 Oct 11 12:52am

JoyYamDaisy