forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#4231 Wed 23 Jan 13 11:07pm

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Re: Website/forum: issues and complaints?

I can't see it think

PS Are you talking about the lines around the "quick post"? The box always enlarges to accommodate my often "not" quick post. I only ever use it. Please forgive me if I'm talking rubbish. Haven't had coffee yet.

Last edited by Maree (Wed 23 Jan 13 11:10pm)

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#4232 Wed 23 Jan 13 11:45pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

I did not know it was a quick post box, and I cannot have a coffee now before going to sleep

Likes (0)

#4233 Thu 24 Jan 13 1:33am

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Grandmadamada wrote:

I did not know it was a quick post box, and I cannot have a coffee now before going to sleep

LOL, Mada big_smile. I slept in today.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#4234 Thu 24 Jan 13 6:31am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Maree wrote:

I can't see it think

PS Are you talking about the lines around the "quick post"? The box always enlarges to accommodate my often "not" quick post. I only ever use it. Please forgive me if I'm talking rubbish. Haven't had coffee yet.

I can't see it when I post from my phone but when I was on the main  computer I noticed a little area on the lower corner of the post box that allowed you to click and drag like enlarging a photo .

Likes (0)

#4235 Thu 24 Jan 13 9:39am

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

Kye wrote:

Grandmadamada wrote:

you can also shrink it shocked  lol

I can't shrink it, i can enlarge it.

I am still wondering what use it has  smile

The only real advantage I can see is that  if you are writing a very long  post  , you can expand the box so you can see your entire post.  This is useful to me , as I normally re-read my posts  before submitting often rewritting or cutting out a section and reworking it. .  If I want to refer to something I have already written ,I can read it without scrolling up and back down to continue.   Other than that, I  can't really think of another reason for it.

Last edited by Ashen (Thu 24 Jan 13 9:40am)

The Universe is alive and self aware. 
Need proof?
Look in a mirror.
    Likes (0)

#4236 Thu 24 Jan 13 9:44am

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k
Member since Tue 21 Oct 08

I don't seem to be able to expand the box...so I'll just stick to short posts. hmm

Likes (0)

#4237 Fri 25 Jan 13 12:47am

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

I have discovered now the quick post (written in blue) and the (pink) reply function, till now I just scrolled down  oops I feel so proud cool

Likes (0)

#4238 Tue 26 Feb 13 1:24pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Merlin , I always enter the compertiions that are on the promotions page and today on doing this I find that in order to enter then I have now to be registered for something called my offers ..
Why is this ?
I have to say that I dont like the process of having to belong to something like that and find it a bit unnerving as I do not feel so in control of the compertitions that I want to enter.

edit ...what is particually disapointing is that in order to enter the compertions now you have to go thrugh a pile of market reserch questios.

Last edited by mummza (Tue 26 Feb 13 2:07pm)

Likes (0)

#4239 Tue 26 Feb 13 3:12pm

Merlin

Occupation Editorial assistant/general online chap
From London
Member since Wed 24 Oct 12

mummza wrote:

Merlin , I always enter the compertiions that are on the promotions page and today on doing this I find that in order to enter then I have now to be registered for something called my offers ..
Why is this ?
I have to say that I dont like the process of having to belong to something like that and find it a bit unnerving as I do not feel so in control of the compertitions that I want to enter.

edit ...what is particually disapointing is that in order to enter the compertions now you have to go thrugh a pile of market reserch questios.

Thanks Mummza, I'll investigate this.

Likes (0)

#4240 Tue 26 Feb 13 4:12pm

Merlin

Occupation Editorial assistant/general online chap
From London
Member since Wed 24 Oct 12

Mummza -

I'm sorry you're not finding the experience easy. However, some of the competitions we run are simply in conjunction with myoffers.co.uk and this is how they run things their end. I can assure you that they're totally legitimate!

Thanks again.

Likes (0)