Jamie Oliver

forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Sun 04 Feb 07 10:44am

Babygirl23

Member since Fri 12 Jan 07

favourite dessert

hey guys
if u want to can u share ur favourite dessert recipes with me cause i want to have somthing new and i thought u guys would be the best to ask
love babygirl23  smile

Likes (0)

#2 Sun 04 Feb 07 12:26pm

melissa.v1

Member since Fri 02 Feb 07

Re: favourite dessert

Hi Babygirl23, my favorite dessert recipe is very simple. Just put a tub of mascapone into a bowl, add icing sugar to taste, a punnet of fresh rasberries (or you can use frozen) and a little vanilla. Fold all ingredients so as berries are evenly distributed (some will break up but that is good - it gives a swirly colour effect). Line individual small serving plates (I use little ramikins) with cut up sponge finger biscuits (or you could use whatever sort of "crust" you like). Spoon the mascapone mix evenly onto the biscuits, decorate each with a single rasberry on top and dust with icing sugar. Done - enjoy!

Likes (0)

#3 Sun 04 Feb 07 6:09pm

sweetie-pie

From England
Member since Sun 01 Jan 06

I love torta di riso from Jamie's Italy - its a sweet rice tart, and is absolutely yummy. Great eaten warm from the oven or cold the next day!

I love pavlova as well!

Pavlova
4 egg whites
225g caster sugar
2 teaspoons cornflour
1 teaspoon vinegar
little extra sugar (about a tablespoon)

-tub of whipping cream
-fresh fruit

-Preheat the oven to 140/gasmrk1
-Line a baking sheet either with greaseproof paper
-Whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks, then add the sugar a tablespoon at a time until the mix is glossy and suff
-Then whisk in the vinegar and cornflour
-Pile the mix onto the baking sheet into a circle - leaving a little bit of a hollow in the middle
-Sprinkle with the extra sugar (if you like - it caramelises and gives the pavlova a lovely warm colour - I like it, but I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone else do this!)

-Bake for an hour - it should be crispy outside, soft inside
-Top with the whipping cream (some people use double cream, but I find it a little bit heavy) and the fresh fruit

I also love making egg custard, melting in a big bar of dark chocolate with a high cocoa content and then letting it set in the fridge - it makes a lovely creamy chocolately thing. Perfect served with a little cream and some fresh berries!

SP

Last edited by sweetie-pie (Sun 04 Feb 07 9:13pm)

Likes (0)

#4 Fri 09 Feb 07 7:26am

VENUS

Forum champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

New York Cheesecake

INGREDIENTS
15 graham crackers, crushed
2 tablespoons butter, melted

4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
1 1/2 cups white sugar
3/4 cup milk
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch springform pan.
In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter. Press onto bottom of springform pan.
In a large bowl, mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Blend in milk, and then mix in the eggs one at a time, mixing just enough to incorporate. Mix in sour cream, vanilla and flour until smooth. Pour filling into prepared crust.
Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Turn the oven off, and let cake cool in oven with the door closed for 5 to 6 hours; this prevents cracking. Chill in refrigerator until serving.

Rhubarb Cobbler

INGREDIENTS
3/4 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
4 cups chopped rhubarb
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon butter, diced
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup milk
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons white sugar
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9 inch square baking dish.
In a saucepan, mix 3/4 cup sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the rhubarb and water. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Transfer to the prepared baking dish. Dot with butter, and sprinkle with cinnamon.
In a medium bowl, sift together flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
In a small bowl, mix the milk and egg. Add all at once to dry ingredients, stirring just to moisten. Drop by teaspoonfuls on top of the rhubarb mixture. Sprinkle with sugar.
Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until crisp and lightly browned.

Panna Cotta

INGREDIENTS
1/3 cup skim milk
1 (.25 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
2 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
DIRECTIONS
Pour milk into a small bowl, and stir in the gelatin powder. Set aside.
In a saucepan, stir together the heavy cream and sugar, and set over medium heat. Bring to a full boil, watching carefully, as the cream will quickly rise to the top of the pan. Pour the gelatin and milk into the cream, stirring until completely dissolved. Cook for one minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and pour into six individual ramekin dishes.
Cool the ramekins uncovered at room temperature. When cool, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight before serving.

Likes (0)

#5 Fri 09 Feb 07 11:24am

AndyH

Occupation Drinks Taster
From Beer Garden
Member since Sun 04 Jul 04

Banoffee Pie I've just posted in another thread.

http://forum.jamieoliver.com/viewtopic.php?id=23216

Likes (0)

#6 Sat 10 Feb 07 12:47pm

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

Fruit and king island yoghurt

Likes (0)

#7 Sun 11 Feb 07 6:02am

shammrok

Forum super champ
Occupation Growing things
From Up the garden path...Tasmania
Member since Thu 02 Sep 04

I like meringue with passionfruit cream and fresh raspberries. thumbsup

Likes (0)

#8 Sun 11 Feb 07 11:11am

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

strawberry rhubarb pie in mid-june when you can pick both fresh the same day is my all time favourite dessert 

Close second
  Imperial Tarts   .. basically a fancy name on buttertarts with a shortbread style base.

1 1/2 cups flour                1/4 cup butter
2 Tbsp white sugar            1 Tbsp white vinegar
1/2 cup butter                   1 tsp flour
2 eggs                              1 cup raisins  (i prefer golden raisins)
1 1/2 cups brown sugar

Combine flour and sugar in miixing bowl. Cut in 1/2 cup butter until crumbly. Press into ramikins . Bake at 350 F /177 C for 10 mins. Cool 10 mins. Beat eggs and brown sugar  together with mixer until light and fluffy   stier in remaining ingredients . pour over the crust in ramikins   Bake at 350 F/ 177 C for 20 to 23 mins .. serve warm with scoop of good quality vannila ice cream.

Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or a cook.  { cowboy saying}
    Likes (0)