#1 Mon 05 Feb 07 1:18pm

Jamie

Chef
From Fifteen Restaurant, London
Member since Wed 24 Mar 04

Tell me about your perfect Valentine's!

hi guys

how are you all? Good I hope

I'm recording a new podcast tomorrow and we're getting all romantic in time for Valentine's Day

I'd love it if you could all let me know about what your perfect Valentine's Day would be.

I'll then read out the best ones in my podcast

So reply here and be a part of the next show!

cheers guys

love

Jamie Oxxx

Likes (0)

#2 Mon 05 Feb 07 1:27pm

ZORZOU

Forum champ
Occupation STAYING AWAKE BECAUSE OF MY SECOND BABY!!
From ATHENS - HELLAS
Member since Sun 15 Oct 06

Re: Tell me about your perfect Valentine's!

Good morning Jamie from Greece.  Don't have much to say about perfect  Valentine's Day, just wishing to spent some time with my husband (e, and maybe cook for him sth new!).  Looking forward to seeing your new show soon in Greece too!!!
Keep up the good work! thumbsup

Last edited by ZORZOU (Mon 05 Feb 07 1:27pm)

Likes (0)

#3 Mon 05 Feb 07 1:27pm

Anna

Forum champ
From Switzerland
Member since Fri 15 Apr 05

The chance to just spend an evening together, alone, talking about nothing in particular whilst eating good food and drinking champagne, without anything noisy on the TV or lots of other housemates lurking.  We don't get much of a chance just to be alone together, so anything like that would be a luxury!   wink

Likes (0)

#4 Mon 05 Feb 07 1:36pm

Jamie

Chef
From Fifteen Restaurant, London
Member since Wed 24 Mar 04

hi zorzou, hi anna

ah anna - that sounds lovely, very romantic

what would your valentine's meal be?

Likes (0)

#5 Mon 05 Feb 07 1:43pm

ZORZOU

Forum champ
Occupation STAYING AWAKE BECAUSE OF MY SECOND BABY!!
From ATHENS - HELLAS
Member since Sun 15 Oct 06

I know my husband likes crepes very much, so I plan to make for him chicken crepes with besamel in the oven (I hope this makes sense!) and sweet cpepes for desert with chocolate inside and banana (that I know he loves very much) and of course creme with caramel sirup to dress it up!  (but all these in small quantities wink )
Surely all these will take place if my dear mom keeps my baby daughter for the night big_smile

Likes (0)

#6 Mon 05 Feb 07 2:07pm

smhlewis

Member since Wed 13 Sep 06

HI

Ideal day would be going to our favourite hotel for the day with a romantic dinner or

staying at howe to spend time together cooking black truffle rissoto to start with slow roast shoulder of lamb

alternatively get fifteen to you to do it for you!

cheers

Likes (0)

#7 Mon 05 Feb 07 2:17pm

Ninetta

Member since Tue 14 Nov 06

hi all!

I'm gonna cook a meal that remembers us of a very romantic weekend we spent last autumn in london. we ate at fifteen and it was such a great evening! therefore i'd like to cook:

Fifteen Fantastic Salad (with mozzarella, bresaola, beetroot and the horseradish crème fraîche)
crab linguine or caramelle
semifreddo di fragole (don'thave the 15 recipe, but DB27 was so nice to give me one)

pretty sure my boyfriend will love me even more after this dinner, as he's a fan of jamie's cooking   wink

looking forward to the new podcast!

Likes (0)

#8 Mon 05 Feb 07 2:18pm

Dave Barker

Forum champ
Occupation Chef
From At the stove...
Member since Tue 29 Jun 04

Hi Jamie

I satarted a Valentines thread a few days ago, and so far it seems that most people want messy food that they can tear apart and eat with their fingers or slurp up!!!

Mussels have been mentioned, Oysters, Sticky pork ribs, Fondue was in there somewhere...

Choccy seems a bit popular... so does strawberrys (even though they are no-where near in season yet).

Profiteroles made a mention too, Romantic indoor picnicks.

Thai salmon, apple crumble... it seems that people have quite a wide variety of tastes when it comes to the food of Luuuuuuuurrrrrrve...

One thing that does seem to crop up a lot is lots and lots of fizz and or champers!!!

I will probably be at work in the evening... so romantic dinner for the missus is probably out this year... but I have given her a cute Chocolate Labrador puppy, so hopefully that has won me enough brownie points for her to forgive me again!!!

Looking forward to the podcast mate... keep up the good work

Big Love

Dave B

Likes (0)

#9 Mon 05 Feb 07 2:19pm

oliviascotland

Forum champ
From Scotland
Member since Wed 06 Apr 05

Hi Jamie

For me it would simply be to have my husband at home for the evening - he works away most of the year.  Even better would be a quiet evening together, no television, some good music, good food and a lovely bottle of wine - and a guarantee that the children would sleep all night  big_smile

Would probably cook a venison & red wine stew, with a celeriac mash, followed by a rich chocolate mousse.

Likes (0)

#10 Mon 05 Feb 07 2:22pm

Chanr

Forum champ
From Melbourne
Member since Mon 14 Mar 05

My ideal Valantines day would be to take a long stroll along a deserted beach and watch the sunset. In the evening, lighting a bonfire, and cooking dinner together on some hot coals. Dinner would include whole fish parcels cooked with aromatic spices in its own juices, smoked rice and whole sweet potatoes. Dessert would be sticky rice cakes (made the day before and kept in an esky). After dinner, laying on the beach for some stargazing... That would be my ideal Valentines Day.

Likes (0)