forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#31 Tue 06 Feb 07 12:42am

shammrok

Forum super champ
Occupation Growing things
From Up the garden path...Tasmania
Member since Thu 02 Sep 04

Re: Tell me about your perfect Valentine's!

Hi Jamie,

For valentine's Day I am planning a Barbeque. A night outside away from the cricket and T.V. I'll adapt the Grilled spatchcocked chicken recipe from the new book. Some cold beers and wine, some good conversation, enjoy each other's company whilst listening to the noises of the night.

Happy Valentine's everyone.

P.S. I kind of like the Lady and the tramp idea with the spaghetti but I don't think Mr. S. would go for it.  lol

Shammy smile

Likes (0)

#32 Tue 06 Feb 07 12:43am

Ellie H

Occupation Attempting to be a Yummy Mummy!
From West Yorkshire, UK
Member since Sat 04 Mar 06

Hi All!

In an alternate universe Valentines day would involve my gorgeous husband surprising me with gargantuan bunch of red roses, a walk by the sea in a lovely quiet fishing village or a visit to the lakes, and dinner in a small restaurant (I love Jambo in Windermere) with something dark choclatey and indulgent for dessert, followed by an early night.

The reality will be wake up feed my gorgeous 12 week old son, worry about the mess in the house but have no time to clean it, change nappies, have microwave meal for lunch (sorry!), feed and change baby some more, play, coo, cuddle, kiss and giggle with baby, scoff a flake dark, watch baby beam as Daddy comes home from work, feed change and play some more, eat pork chops, mash, carrots and peas whilst laying on floor with baby on playmat/burping baby/bouncing baby/cuddling baby etc, and fall asleep on sofa, wake up at midnight for husband to feed baby, collapse in bed (due to exhaustion and not passion!!) say 'I love you' to both my son and husband and fall asleep.....then repeat.

The reality is soooo much better!!! Valentines doesn't just have to be a celebtation of love for couples, it can just be a day to make sure you tell the important people in your life that you love them.

Hope you all have a good one!

Ellie
xxx
smile

Likes (0)

#33 Tue 06 Feb 07 6:50am

Dave Barker

Forum champ
Occupation Chef
From At the stove...
Member since Tue 29 Jun 04

Hi Ellie,

Busy eh?

I know what you are going through mate... we have a 9 year old, a 3 year old and a 2 year old...

As well as that my mrs works job share arond my hours so that one of us is always at home for the little ones, So that we dont need to use child care, and I work full time as a chef...quite a lot of hours. I understand where you are comming from, life can be sooooo manic!

But you know what they say mate, you get out of life what you put into it!

Just remember to make that little effort for you and your partner to spend a little bit of quality time together, when you have kids it is too easy to let your time together slide...

Keep going, Stay sane

All the best

Dave B

Last edited by DB27 (Tue 06 Feb 07 6:55am)

Likes (0)

#34 Tue 06 Feb 07 9:32am

young mum

Forum champ
Member since Tue 22 Mar 05

Mercs  lol  lol

Likes (0)

#35 Tue 06 Feb 07 11:46am

Alex G

Forum champ
Occupation Student/Commis chef
From Brighton/ Bournemouth
Member since Sat 29 Oct 05

I'll tell you in person today XD

Me and my girlfriend don't really do presents for valentines day, this year we set a £5 spending limit, i've got her a book called 'Guess how much I love you', were going to pizza express on valentines day, love it there!  cool  mrgreen

If it's a nice day might go out with her to the beach.

Last edited by Alex G (Tue 06 Feb 07 11:48am)

Likes (0)

#36 Tue 06 Feb 07 6:28pm

DIAMOND

From PATRA-GREECE
Member since Sun 01 Oct 06

ΗELLO JAMIE FROM GREECE.I AM DIAMOND.I AM A HUGE FAN OF YOURS.I WATCH ALL YOUR TV SHOWS IN THE GREEK TV.YOUR THE BEST.A GREAT CHEF AND A GREAT MAN.I ADMIRE YOU.GOODBYE FROM GREECE.YOU GAVE MANY FANS IN GREECE.

Likes (0)

#37 Wed 07 Feb 07 6:04am

*Ninja

Occupation Student
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Thu 02 Dec 04

Hi from Down Under Jamie :-)

I am planning on making "Summertime Tagliarini" from your new book.
It's my new favourite recipe :-D

I'm also thinking a Chocolate Fondue with strawberries, marshmallows and cake for the dessert.

Looking forward to your next podcast though - maybe i'll get some other ideas as well...

BTW: LOVING your new show!  thumbsup

Likes (0)

#38 Wed 07 Feb 07 10:36am

Bob

From Jamie's office
Member since Wed 13 Apr 05

thanks for letting Jamie know about all your Valentine's ideas and fantasies etc! there's some brilliant stuff here...

we recorded the podcast last night and it went really well so it'll hopefully be online within the week

check out the moblog for a couple of behind the secnes photos - see if you can spot any familiar faces...

cheers

Bob

Likes (0)

#39 Wed 07 Feb 07 12:30pm

amberpamba

Forum champ
Occupation Registered nurse
From Australia
Member since Thu 24 Jun 04

Oh bugger I cant beleive I missed this!! I have been on the forum everyday this week, I must be blind!!

Likes (0)

#40 Tue 13 Feb 07 2:02pm

ajka

Occupation student
Member since Mon 01 Jan 07

Aaaaaaa!! I missed it too :'( That´s the pity sad But I will celebrate Valentine only with my friends..no boyfriend:(
I wish u all beautiful VAlentine full of love thumbsup  smile  wink

Likes (0)