Subscribe to forums RSS

#20201 Sun 08 Apr 12 10:00pm

cohphanta

Forum champ
Occupation Book Seller
From Jacksonville, FL
Member since Sun 04 Apr 10

Re: Whats For Supper?

Grilled ribeye, corn on the cob, zucchini and yellow squash.

Likes (0)

#20202 Mon 09 Apr 12 1:11am

Miss GlutenFree

Occupation Admin Officer & Mum
From Queensland, Australia
Member since Sun 14 Mar 10

Wow, everyone's Easter food sounds great! I took a break from my tradition this year and haven't eaten or made a single hot cross bun. Instead I tried my hand at home-made Boston Baked Beans (in the slow cooker) and they turned out fantastic. So that was breakfast for Easter Sunday.... totally untraditional so sorry folks, I just wanted to try something different smile

Tonight, after a weekend of quick'n'easy meals and total unhealthiness, we will be having something with a lot of vegetables. Not sure what yet but it will contain broccoli...

Likes (0)

#20203 Mon 09 Apr 12 3:01am

Maree

Forum champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

I'm sure I could find something for you, Minnie big_smile. Kye, I held back the beets *just* for you wink.

My daughter's just left to (hopefully) miss the dreaded traffic headed back down south. 20km hold ups on Thursday for those headed north. Work (for most) tomorrow.

As for dinner tonight, don't know. More leftovers probably. Too early to think about it. Need a few hours away from food thought. Have to plan for Greek Easter next weekend.

Last edited by Maree (Mon 09 Apr 12 3:04am)

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#20204 Tue 10 Apr 12 4:27pm

Maree

Forum champ

This place has gone *very* quiet.

Anyway, last night was leftovers.

Tonight, was Hokkien rice but I substituted the beef rib eye with chicken thighs.

Likes (0)

#20205 Tue 10 Apr 12 6:51pm

minerva

Forum champ
Occupation Walking the Old Ways
From Living in the Wild Woods
Member since Wed 16 Jan 08

Chicken Chettinad, with Mint Chutney,
Dhal Makhani
Romili Roti

Fruit platter &/or Kulfi

Likes (0)

#20206 Tue 10 Apr 12 11:24pm

mommyof2nc

Forum champ
Occupation Mommy, wife, chauffeur, chef, nurse, maid, occasional zookeeper...
From North Carolina, USA
Member since Thu 18 Mar 10

OH took the kids to stay at his mother's house overnight, so it's just me tonight. I think I'm going to just have a big salad with a piece of grilled tuna.  yummy

Likes (0)

#20207 Tue 10 Apr 12 11:52pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

polenta, veg soup, mixed mushrooms with garlic and parsley, frozen peas with ham and parsley,  fresh and seasoned cheeses

Likes (0)

#20208 Wed 11 Apr 12 2:50am

nanstertoo

Forum champ
Occupation Retired nurse-midwife
From High Point, North Carolina
Member since Tue 17 Jun 08

Yesterday was chicken leg quarters, baked, then glazed with a mix of equal parts of cranberry sauce, orange marmalade and honey, broccoli, baked sweet potatoes and butter lettuce salad.

Tonight was leftover beef rib roast with gravy, sauteed mushrooms, shaved fennel salad with lemon and olive oil.  Just a quick dinner since OH had to go out right after.

Likes (0)

#20209 Wed 11 Apr 12 3:15am

cohphanta

Forum champ
Occupation Book Seller
From Jacksonville, FL
Member since Sun 04 Apr 10

The lasts deliver pizza for a while I hope......I've cooked a wee bit over the past few weeks, but not I can really get in the kitchen and really get back to real food!!!!!

Likes (0)

#20210 Wed 11 Apr 12 11:06am

Maree

Forum champ

Dhal w vegs, palak paneer, cauliflower w spices, green beans and tomatoes w basmati rice (Thanks, again, Madhur).

Plan on leftovers until Greek Easter this weekend thumbsup May make naan or roti or chapatti when I'm sick of rice but need to be aware of gluten. Probably will stay with the rice.

Likes (0)