forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#21771 Tue 14 May 13 9:02pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Re: Whats For Supper?

Had Nigella's sesame peanut noodles salad for lunch today.

Dinner will be homemade gluten-free crumbed chicken breast - basically a good version of chicken nuggets; a chopped salad and a leaf salad and jasmine rice.

Likes (0)

#21772 Tue 14 May 13 11:16pm

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Had stir-fried calamari with chilli and a salad last night. Can you tell my son is visiting? (His choice)

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#21773 Wed 15 May 13 9:07am

oliviascotland

Forum champ
From Scotland
Member since Wed 06 Apr 05

Skipped supper last night as I had a very late lunch.  Tonight will be a quick chicken curry with cauliflower rice.

Likes (0)

#21774 Wed 15 May 13 11:03am

Maree

Forum super champ

We're going to have mussels cooked in the traditional French manner (no thickening agent and no cream, though), oven-baked skinny fries, a salad to follow. A baked apple stuffed with macerated dried fruit and nuts for dessert (with custard for my son).

Likes (0)

#21775 Wed 15 May 13 11:35pm

ACDC

Forum champ
Occupation Bewitched, bothered and bewildered Mother
From Ireland
Member since Tue 19 Aug 08

Roasted, parsnips, carrots, onions, potatoes chicken pieces splashes with olive oil salt and pepper and a little oregano. It was lovely and the roasting tin was scraped clean.  Usually a good sign.

Likes (0)

#21776 Thu 16 May 13 9:42am

moeabdullah

From Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Member since Wed 15 May 13

A nice simple refreshing rice noodles in clear vegetable soup. It is not 100% vegetarian as i put some prawns in the soup for taste. Had it with Thai small chillies and garlic grinded in the stone mortar and finished off with sweet dark soy sauce. The heat left me sweating but to non asians, it would simply make you cry unforgettable tears. tongue

Last edited by moeabdullah (Thu 16 May 13 9:43am)

Likes (0)

#21777 Thu 16 May 13 9:58am

Maree

Forum super champ

Maree wrote:

We're going to have mussels cooked in the traditional French manner (no thickening agent and no cream, though), oven-baked skinny fries, a salad to follow. A baked apple stuffed with macerated dried fruit and nuts for dessert (with custard for my son).

I ended up tweaking the mussel recipe and added three chopped Thai chillies to the base. It was a winner.

Tonight I'm doing a cheats' version of Tom Yum soup. Asian veg will follow. Dessert will be my spiked Winter fruit salad.

Likes (0)

#21778 Fri 17 May 13 4:25am

SherylS

Occupation Totally food obsessed bookkeeper
From Melbourne, Australia
Member since Wed 13 Aug 08

Jill Dupleix's Pollo in Padella (chicken braised in the pan) from a very old Delicious magazine.  And since hopping back on here again realised I must make Maree's chicken in coconut milk with lemon and coriander again, its been far too long.

Last edited by SherylS (Sat 18 May 13 12:23am)

Likes (0)

#21779 Fri 17 May 13 11:46pm

Maree

Forum super champ

SherylS wrote:

Jill Dupleix's Pollo in Padella (chicken braised in the pan) from a very old Delicious magazine.  And since hoping back on here again realised I must make Maree's chicken in coconut milk with lemon and coriander again, its been far too long.

Glad you like the chicken in coconut milk, Sheryl smile. My daughter *still* requests it be her first-night meal when she comes to visit.

My Delicious collection (I subscribed from the first issue- loved the blueberry pancake cover photo) went AWOL when I moved hmm.

Last night, home ridiculously late from work. Put a pot on for fusilli and raided the fridge: fusilli with h/m marinated eggplant, capsicum, oven-roasted cherry tomatoes, olives, capers and feta. Yum! Glad of a well-stocked fridge and making "bits and pieces" for a "rainy day" smile

Likes (0)

#21780 Sat 18 May 13 7:29pm

Nikisha

From Vienna, Austria
Member since Mon 20 Dec 04

We're having honey-chili glazed spareribs with baked potatoes, home-made tsatsiki and a green salad! big_smile

Likes (0)