Jamie Oliver

forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#21831 Sun 14 Jul 13 11:19am

JarretJ

Member since Sun 14 Jul 13

Re: Whats For Supper?

Hey guys,

My girlfriend is an avid cook and food blogger and gets so much inspiration from watching Jamie's cooking shows especially Jamie's 30 minute meals; he does some amazing things in just 30 minutes! Anyway, she just entered a food blogging competition and needs votes. Could you please help her out by voting for her dish? Here is the link:
freshlyblogged.co.za/recipe/thai-frittata-and-crispy-noodles-with-pineapple-chilli-salsa/

Thank you so much for your help! She promises to make this dish for anyone that votes too tongue

Likes (0)

#21832 Tue 16 Jul 13 10:03am

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

For all the electric element  range haters.   

3 min pizza in a household electric oven..  tongue

I used my  cast iron comal  pre heated to the top oven temp , then slide the pizza onto it and turn the top grill element on.
the one on the left is even  thinner crust , I will post a picture of how thin in the next post but it isn't the greatest pic.

sauced with homemade walnut, basil and cress pesto, grilled chicken, asparagus, onion .. the one on the left also has some feta.

Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or a cook.  { cowboy saying}
    Likes (0)

#21833 Tue 16 Jul 13 10:05am

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

not sure how well this will show up..  thin crust pic.

Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or a cook.  { cowboy saying}
    Likes (0)

#21834 Tue 16 Jul 13 2:51pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Thang o' beauty, Mr. A!

I had several very small meals yesterday.  Dinner was at 9:30 pm because MrP worked late, so we just snacked on some gluten-free pate a choux I made into mini eclair shapes and filled with a blend of smoked salmon, cream cheese, red onion and chives.  Really felt like 'hotel' living again, which was nice.

Likes (0)

#21835 Wed 17 Jul 13 1:42am

kate124

Member since Tue 16 Jul 13

I cooked chicken curry with white boiled rice. I also made mint sauce and tomato- onion salad to serve with the meal.
boston niagara falls tour
boston to niagara falls tours

Last edited by kate124 (Sat 27 Jul 13 6:58am)

Likes (0)

#21836 Wed 17 Jul 13 2:31am

kate124

Member since Tue 16 Jul 13

I just want to have minced red meat with potatoes  for supper which is the favourite food item of my region but the prices of meat are soaring high up and it's unaffordable to buy it. So just planning to have some chicken based food.
http://getbustours.com/blog/worlds-shor … al-bridge/

Last edited by kate124 (Sat 27 Jul 13 7:03am)

Likes (0)

#21837 Wed 17 Jul 13 11:32am

Earthmum

Forum champ
Occupation HR / mum / jack of all trades
From England
Member since Mon 21 Sep 09

its so hot here at the moment so last night I made some beef and chedder burgers which I cooked on the BBQ and we had salad and some flat bread with them, fruit salad for afters ( with ice cream  big_smile ).

Maree your food looks amazing, would you like a lodger  thumbsup

Last edited by Earthmum (Wed 17 Jul 13 11:35am)

Likes (2)

#21838 Wed 17 Jul 13 4:08pm

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Earthmum wrote:

Maree your food looks amazing, would you like a lodger  thumbsup

Thank you! That's so nice of you! big_smile.  Normally I'd say "Yes" but my son has installed himself in my spare room. Will sing out when he leaves wink.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#21839 Wed 17 Jul 13 4:26pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

sliced, smoked duck breast over mixed field greens dressed with olive oil, lemon, s&p; carrot soup and steamed corn-on-the-cob; gluten-free peach tarts made with local peaches.

Likes (0)

#21840 Wed 17 Jul 13 10:46pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

insalata di riso (riso alla greca, I'm not sure you would call it rice salad) corona beans alla Bud Spencer, that is canned beans savoured  with sage and onion first in evo oil, beans, peeled tomatoes into slices with oregano and a garlic clove thinely sliced .......... and a celery stalk into pieces. I served them at room temperature, yes 30°C with cooled in the fridge rice salad (boiled rice, tuna, boiled eggs and a ready bought mix of vegs and olives)
yawn  yawn  yawn  yawn  yawn  yawn  yawn  yawn  yawn  yawn

Likes (0)