forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#22341 Thu 15 May 14 9:00am

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Re: Whats For Supper?

Chicken in coconut milk over rice. Need to re-photograph for the forum's 10th anniversary smile.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#22342 Thu 15 May 14 1:30pm

oliviascotland

Forum champ
From Scotland
Member since Wed 06 Apr 05

Sausages with mustard fried cabbage and mash.

Likes (0)

#22343 Fri 16 May 14 5:08pm

joobes

Forum champ
Occupation My OH and I own a new/secondhand bookshop.
From Somerset, England
Member since Wed 20 Feb 08

The rest of last nights Roasted butternut squash soup

Likes (0)

#22344 Fri 16 May 14 6:48pm

oliviascotland

Forum champ
From Scotland
Member since Wed 06 Apr 05

Salmon with parsley sauce (the most decadent recipe I've come across - 8oz butter, half a bulb of garlic, large bunch flat leaf parsley and olive oil.  Put everything except the oil in a food processor and blitz until combined, then add just enough olive oil to slacken the mixture.  Apparently this might keep in the fridge for as long as two weeks ... lol  ) and steamed asparagus.

Likes (0)

#22345 Sat 17 May 14 8:06am

beerforyorky

Forum champ
Occupation Retired
From Surin, N.E. Thailand
Member since Mon 29 Dec 08

I have a decadent recipe that I use for "hot butter chicken". Wonderful but not too often.

Likes (1)

#22346 Sat 17 May 14 8:12am

beerforyorky

Forum champ
Occupation Retired

Ashen wrote:

lamb burger with tzatziki and salad

I am drooling seeing that picture.

thumbsup

Likes (0)

#22347 Sat 17 May 14 8:32am

beerforyorky

Forum champ
Occupation Retired

I was going to make French bread pizzas this evening then I remembered that a friend had brought some frozen English muffins around last week as he had no room in his freezer. He suggested at the time that sliced in half they would make reasonable pizza bases. Has anyone tried these?

The topping will be "Porton Down" sauce, finely chopped onions and garlic, sliced fresh tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and sliced pepperoni. Maybe a sliced chili or two.

Likes (0)

#22348 Sat 17 May 14 8:36am

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

beerforyorky wrote:

I was going to make French bread pizzas this evening then I remembered that a friend had brought some frozen English muffins around last week as he had no room in his freezer. He suggested at the time that sliced in half they would make reasonable pizza bases. Has anyone tried these?

The topping will be "Porton Down" sauce, finely chopped onions and garlic, sliced fresh tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and sliced pepperoni. Maybe a sliced chili or two.

I prefer a very thin and crispy crust, so no, half an English muffin would be way too thick for me. Each to their own, though smile.

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#22349 Sat 17 May 14 8:50am

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

English muffin pizzas can be very tasty or very dire depending on how they are made.

My In-laws used to make them when I first started dating my wife and they were the later sort.  topped with a small smear of bottled ragu sauce, browned ( more grey from using too small a pan) minced beef, thickly sliced onion pieces( that didn't really cook so you were biting into big pieces of raw onion)  bit of mozz and a shake of green can kraft parm. *shudder*   the muffin ended up soggy and the rest was just not a good combo.

I would suggest toasting them slightly before topping, using some nice ingredients and they will be a tasty meal.   Pita bread especially the thin kind is  also perfect for fast pizza base. When I was single I would keep it on  hand with a selection of nice toppings for fast meals when I didn't want to cook after  10 -12 hrs at work.

pita on a sheet pan,  fresh tom or  passata, nice mozz, a couple ripped slices of  prosciutto or dry cured salami, sliced mushrooms   maybe some olives and finely sliced onion. good to go.  yummy

The Universe is alive and self aware. 
Need proof?
Look in a mirror.
    Likes (0)

#22350 Sat 17 May 14 9:01am

beerforyorky

Forum champ
Occupation Retired

Ashen wrote:

English muffin pizzas can be very tasty or very dire depending on how they are made.

...later sort.  topped with a small smear of bottled ragu sauce, browned ( more grey from using too small a pan) minced beef, thickly sliced onion pieces( that didn't really cook so you were biting into big pieces of raw onion)  bit of mozz and a shake of green can kraft parm. *shudder*   the muffin ended up soggy and the rest was just not a good combo.

When I started reading that I thought "great".

Then I continued to read.......... puke

I'll still give it a go - I can always bin it and have chicken fried rice from down the road.

Likes (0)