Jamie Oliver

forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#22561 Thu 26 Jun 14 3:40am

matt.hanson.75436

From Washington State
Member since Thu 01 May 14

Re: Whats For Supper?

I combined two of my favorite preparations of pork roast to make something truly amazing.  So proud of myself.  It's a Jack Daniel's whiskey barrel wood chipped smoked pork roast with bbq rub and stuffed with lemon and sage.  The BBQ and smoke  outside worked really well with the lemon and sage inside!

Likes (0)

#22562 Thu 26 Jun 14 11:04am

joobes

Forum champ
Occupation My OH and I own a new/secondhand bookshop.
From Somerset, England
Member since Wed 20 Feb 08

Oven baked Walnut, Parmesan, and Basil Pesto Crusted cod loin (no breadcrumbs)   served on a bed of Tomato, Mozzarella and Basil Tortelloni with broad beans and Parmesan shavings.

I have no idea how this will turn out....    The crust recipe says to add some mayo but neither of us like it so I'm just leaving it out I     
just hope it will turn out OK    crossed

Last edited by joobes (Thu 26 Jun 14 11:05am)

Likes (0)

#22563 Thu 26 Jun 14 11:13am

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

joobes wrote:

Oven baked Walnut, Parmesan, and Basil Pesto Crusted cod loin (no breadcrumbs)   served on a bed of Tomato, Mozzarella and Basil Tortelloni with broad beans and Parmesan shavings.

I have no idea how this will turn out....    The crust recipe says to add some mayo but neither of us like it so I'm just leaving it out I     
just hope it will turn out OK    crossed

Hi Joobes, I'm guessing, rightly or wrongly, that the mayo acts like "glue" to stick on the crust (not having seen the recipe). But if its pesto, rather than a crumb, it *might* stick itself ... not sure ... sorry if I've confused you crossed smile.

Likes (0)

#22564 Thu 26 Jun 14 11:48am

joobes

Forum champ
From Somerset, England

lol  Not confused me  (surprisingly) thats what i thought too, the pesto is quite wet so should  stick....i think... hope... whistle

Likes (0)

#22565 Thu 26 Jun 14 12:04pm

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

joobes wrote:

lol  Not confused me  (surprisingly) thats what i thought too, the pesto is quite wet so should  stick....i think... hope... whistle

Oh good smile wink  crossed

Likes (0)

#22566 Thu 26 Jun 14 12:09pm

joobes

Forum champ
From Somerset, England

Maree,

Baked White Fish with Pine Nut, Parmesan, and Basil Pesto Crust
(Makes 2 servings, but recipe can be doubled or tripled. Adapted from Cooking New American.)

2 white fish fillets, about 6 oz. each (I used halibut but you could use cod, tilapia, grouper, or any mild white fish)
3 T pine nuts
2 T Parmesan Cheese
1/4 tsp. finely minced garlic (1 garlic clove)
1 tsp. basil pesto (I used purchased pesto)
1 1/2 T mayo (use regular or light mayo, not fat-free)

Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400F/200C. Spray individual casserole dishes with non-stick spray or olive oil (or use one large casserole dish if you don't have individual ones.) Remove the fish fillets from the refrigerator and let them come to room temperature while the oven reheats. (Having the fish at room temperature is very important or it won't cook before the crust topping gets too brown.)

Use a large chef's knife to finely chop the pine nuts and mince the garlic. Mix together chopped pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, basil pesto, and mayo.

Use a rubber scraper to spread the crust mixture evenly over the surface of each fish fillet. Pile it on so all the crust mixture is used.

Bake fish 10-15 minutes, until fish is firm to the touch and crust mixture is starting to lightly brown. (I baked the fish pieces in the photo for 13 minutes.) Serve hot.

Recipe copy and pasted from Kalyn's kitchen.
I'm using walnuts in my dish instead of pine nuts as we have lots in

Last edited by joobes (Thu 26 Jun 14 12:27pm)

Likes (0)

#22567 Thu 26 Jun 14 12:44pm

beerforyorky

Forum champ
Occupation Retired
From Surin, N.E. Thailand
Member since Mon 29 Dec 08

Samosa jackets (to accompany the last of the BBQ'd pork).

[Not deep fried Maree]

[Edit: I shall need to make some adjustments to that recipe. The coriander and cumin seeds were a little overpowering.]

Last edited by beerforyorky (Fri 27 Jun 14 2:45am)

Likes (1)

#22568 Sat 28 Jun 14 12:36pm

beerforyorky

Forum champ
Occupation Retired
From Surin, N.E. Thailand
Member since Mon 29 Dec 08

Maru's bhajia....

Likes (1)

#22569 Sat 28 Jun 14 1:47pm

koukouvagia

Forum champ
From New York
Member since Fri 12 Dec 08

Spare ribs with roasted corn and blue cheese potatoes.

Likes (1)

#22570 Sat 28 Jun 14 1:48pm

koukouvagia

Forum champ
From New York
Member since Fri 12 Dec 08

Corn roasted with herbed butter

Likes (0)