forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#21 Fri 02 Mar 07 3:34pm

oliviascotland

Forum champ
From Scotland
Member since Wed 06 Apr 05

Re: how does this look ?

I like it, and I like the concept, but I find that it's a little bit fussy on the eye - too many things to look at and that the eye is drawn every which way.  I do think, however, that the concept is great, and you've used good colours which complement rather than overpower eachother.  Well done!

Likes (0)

#22 Fri 02 Mar 07 8:31pm

LondonGirl818

Occupation student
Member since Thu 28 Sep 06

It's very.very beautiful!!I like it much!And the idea of the jigsaw is so clever!...You know it reminds me of the food pyramid!Whatsoever its great,keep going! thumbsup

Likes (0)

#23 Sat 03 Mar 07 2:48am

Cindy

Forum champ
Occupation Registered Nurse
From Adelaide, OZ
Member since Tue 03 Aug 04

FWIW I like the green - it is different. And it brings out the other colours and images.

Likes (0)

#24 Sat 03 Mar 07 12:30pm

gregandjanine

Occupation Teacher/Registered Nurse
From Brisbane Australia
Member since Fri 14 Apr 06

I like the green too...

Green is one of my favourite colours... along with blue. I find it a colour that can go with most things provided the tones match...

I also like the jigsaw idea.... it really catches the eye.... Are you going to make these buttons to link onto things that the pictures relate to???

Like I said in my previous post... I loved it.

Janine

Likes (0)

#25 Sat 10 Mar 07 3:06am

saltedm8

Forum champ
Occupation Website designer
From Kent, eng
Member since Fri 11 Mar 05

going by feedback ( thank you all ),  I basically  focused on a clean, colorful and professional overall appearance. - this is how i am thinking of making the whole site look like

http://www.webforumz.com/attachment.php … 1173491573

please let me know if thats any better, thanks mrgreen

in perticualar, thanks to Maine for the brilliant analisis, its nice to know that there is someone with a professional graphic design outlook able to give advice here too.  cool

I design stuff, here is some of it: http://saltedm8.deviantart.com
    Likes (0)

#26 Sat 10 Mar 07 3:23am

Kirsten

Forum champ
Member since Thu 06 Jan 05

Hi Salty!!

At the end of the day, it'll be the quality of the recipe that counts, but best of luck.  Maybe a blog would be the best option.  Ask Kaff.

Likes (0)

#27 Sat 10 Mar 07 7:19am

Stefanie

Forum champ
From Flashing my gold
Member since Fri 09 Jul 04

Salty...the 1st layout was attention grabbing...which is what I liked.
The 2nd lay out though,is a lot more softer on the eye,and I do think it is kid friendly...which is good---we want to encourage the youths of today to be aware of what they eat...and what goes into it.

Overall,a good effort...and yeah,you can't please everyone can you....especially not the future number one chef/architect of the world...  yawn

Likes (0)

#28 Sat 10 Mar 07 7:20am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Your right Kirsten, it is the quality of the recipe that counts,.but it has to be presented in an easy way for all people to access and understand easily.
So for me Salty, the page that you have shown has far too much info squished together. I am afraid that if I put up that page I would probably only read the main titles before looking elsewhere. I would prefer far less on a page.  For someone who has dyslexia or other scanning problems it would be a hard page to focus on and read.

Likes (0)

#29 Sat 10 Mar 07 7:28am

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

your right Stefanie  ( and all I was realy focusing on was the amount of script on the page oops ) I did not realy notice the change of the title page untill you pointed it out.

I will also go with Stefanies comments about  the new colouring being softer on the eye,the change of layout and colour (particually of the title) allwow the white jigsaw piece to blend in easier,it no longer leads your eye off the page. thumbsup

Likes (0)

#30 Sat 10 Mar 07 12:44pm

saltedm8

Forum champ
Occupation Website designer
From Kent, eng
Member since Fri 11 Mar 05

the layout of that image is un-important, as all that shows is where it would be 'possible' to put a plugin ( feature - for example - the login form),

i dont have to use all at the same time, - i will be keeping the layout itself the same as it is now, - http://www.recipebite.co.uk

( so it will be easy to read, and it wont be squashed )

I design stuff, here is some of it: http://saltedm8.deviantart.com
    Likes (0)