forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#31 Sun 16 Nov 08 12:14am

Munch94

Member since Fri 14 Nov 08

Re: How do you make Yorkshire Pudding?

Im not tryin 2 start anythin!
im just sayin dat i saw a show with dat n some people on here might not of know bout the whole hot fat thing, so im just sayin and also im not that keen on york puds!
I cant see wats soo wrong with dat!

Munch.x     thumbsup

Likes (0)

#32 Sun 16 Nov 08 8:32am

GeoffP

Forum champ
Occupation Retired Clergy & Computer Consultant
From Bradford, West Yorks
Member since Mon 03 Jul 06

Kids are always welcome on the forum - the earlier they learn to cook, the better.

However, 14 year olds affecting yoofspeak and posting what any fule kno are hardly endearing.

Likes (0)

#33 Thu 29 Jul 10 6:19pm

mossygirl

Member since Thu 29 Jul 10

1 per plate?? i make 24 of these at a time... there's only 2 adults and 2 children...
I'M LUCKY IF I GET 2!! lol

As for the recipe though, it really is that easy and they are fabulous!!

Also, if you add a sprinkle of sugar instead of salt, add a scoop of good quality vanilla ice-cream and a drizzle of maple syrup, you have a delicious pudding!! smile

Likes (0)

#34 Wed 04 Aug 10 7:57pm

Liz T

From The Lake District
Member since Wed 20 Apr 05

I have learned (actually from a thread on Delia's site) that there is no need to heat the fat for yorkshire puddings.  I've tried it and it's true you don't.  You do need a hot oven though.  Just rub your pans with oil or lard whatever pour in the batter and put into a hot oven.  I promise you, your puddings will rise and you don't get splattered with hot fat! clap

Likes (0)

#35 Wed 04 Aug 10 8:17pm

MsK

Forum champ
Occupation Travelling around the globe..
From ..Holland..land of windmills!!
Member since Tue 12 Jan 10

I thought is was about some dessert...but it clearly is not...what is it and what do you eat it with..is it some sort of bread? question  shocked

Likes (0)

#36 Wed 04 Aug 10 8:40pm

Liz T

From The Lake District
Member since Wed 20 Apr 05

MsK wrote:

I thought is was about some dessert...but it clearly is not...what is it and what do you eat it with..is it some sort of bread? question  shocked

Yorkshire "pudding" is usually served with roast beef (but I have it with all roasts and often in place of pastry with steak & kidney pie.)  In the old days, Yorkshire pudding was served before the main roast dinner with onion gravy.  This was to fill people up before the roast so that the meat went further.  Most people these days serve it with the roast - it's yummy.  You can't go wrong with Jamie's recipe for Yorkshire pudding - do give it a try I think you'll be surprised. smile

Likes (0)

#37 Thu 05 Aug 10 10:33am

Earthmum

Forum champ
Occupation HR / mum / jack of all trades
From England
Member since Mon 21 Sep 09

I have a photo on my blog for Yorkshire puddings
http://www.jamieoliver.com/bloggers/pro … um&p=5

They are so easy and yummy, the children love them.

It is the base for Toad in the hole, pop some sausages in a large roasting pan and bake in hot oven for 10-15 mins, then pour over the batter mix and bake for another 30 mins or so, serve with veg and gravy.

Gem

Likes (0)

#38 Thu 05 Aug 10 11:33am

wine~o

Forum champ
Occupation Handyman
From Dorset u.k
Member since Tue 21 Oct 08

Not bad Earthmum....as you've shown me yours....I'll show you mine...

http://www.jamieoliver.com:81/blogger/wine~o

Likes (0)