forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#11 Tue 13 Mar 07 2:10pm

Alex G

Forum champ
Occupation Student/Commis chef
From Brighton/ Bournemouth
Member since Sat 29 Oct 05

Re: The worst thing i've eaten this week!

The worse pie i've had is one from M+S. I didn't realise that it shouldn't be microwaved - it went soggy  sad

Likes (0)

#12 Tue 13 Mar 07 10:08pm

Georgie

From Jamie's office
Member since Thu 06 Jul 06

oh no!! soggy pastry, oh dear!

i had a goat salad on Friday, which i have to say, i wasnt majorly keen on  oops  glad i tried it though!

Likes (0)

#13 Wed 14 Mar 07 12:38pm

Alex G

Forum champ
Occupation Student/Commis chef
From Brighton/ Bournemouth
Member since Sat 29 Oct 05

Actually, when I had a trial day for a company in Soho I had a feta cheese foccacia or something similar, wayyyy to much feta cheese for my liking.

Likes (0)

#14 Wed 14 Mar 07 3:04pm

Dave Barker

Forum champ
Occupation Chef
From At the stove...
Member since Tue 29 Jun 04

Yesterday our pastry chef managed to grab something a little "unusual" from a sourcing trip to London...

He came back from a chocolatiers boutique in Islington with a packet of Marmite-centred chocolates!!!!

I have to admit they were the worst thing that I have eaten for a while..... puke

Likes (0)

#15 Wed 14 Mar 07 4:53pm

Georgie

From Jamie's office
Member since Thu 06 Jul 06

oh no!! did you not like them? i love them!! Paul A Young in Islington? aaaahhh... i guess you either love em or hate em  wink

he does really lovely salted caramel chocolates. although the ones at L'Artisan d'Chocolat are amaaaaazing... there tiny little crisp chocolate shells with a liquid caramel and sea salt centre.... *sigh*

Likes (0)

#16 Wed 14 Mar 07 5:46pm

BrianG

Occupation HM Forces
From UK
Member since Mon 05 Feb 07

The worst thing i ate this week was a take-away pizza. The cheese topping tasted like detergent. It was like they mixed the cheese with the dirty dishes. puke

Likes (0)

#17 Wed 14 Mar 07 8:07pm

Mrs Gibba

Forum champ
Member since Thu 14 Apr 05

Today I ate an aloe vera and sultana muffin - quite ok actually

Passed on the green tea scone

And got no where near the mint scone

All to do with these products being good for you and  a baker trying to make them into everyday foods.

Likes (0)

#18 Wed 14 Mar 07 10:16pm

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

The marmite centered chocolates sound a bit on the funky side but the liquid caramel sea salt centered ones sound like they would be awesome.  i would like to  try the marmite ones though.    Last year on my honeymoon in Montreal i found this little chocolate shop that did blue cheese ganache filled dark chocolates. It is a good thing i live far far away from that chocolate shop otherwise i would be buying them by the car full. They were Awesome.  The counter staff were extra snobbish even for french candians   whistle  . Also  the chocolate covered ginger wasn't very good, but i would go back in an instant for those blue cheese chocolates.  wink

Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or a cook.  { cowboy saying}
    Likes (0)

#19 Thu 15 Mar 07 12:43am

Dave Barker

Forum champ
Occupation Chef
From At the stove...
Member since Tue 29 Jun 04

Yeah, Paul A Youngs boutique chocolaterie was where he got them... There were other things that we tasted that were realy good, just the Marmite ones didn't float my boat hmm

I usualy realy go for the chocolate/salty or chocolate/savory thing... but chocolate/yeast extract????

When we meet up for that drink you'll have to take me there to try to change my mind Georgie... always a good excuse to visit a great chocolaterie!!!!

All the best

Dave B

Likes (0)

#20 Thu 15 Mar 07 1:10am

Anna

Forum champ
From Switzerland
Member since Fri 15 Apr 05

Dave, I share your sentiments.  I'm not fussy about food in general but I do like it to be intended for human consumption, not invented as an industrial lubricant.

Likes (0)