forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Sun 11 Mar 07 5:48pm

tdubya

Occupation Project Manager
From Birmingham, UK
Member since Fri 27 Oct 06

Tip for dealing with hardened fat leftover from Yorkshire Puddings

I'm afraid I don't have the inclination to gather up the hardened leftover fat at the bottom of the tins for future use. Until I came up with this idea, it was a case of scraping it out into the bin and then washing the remainder off.

What I do now is take a square kitchen paper towel, tear it up into 4 strips, then scrunch each strip into a tiny ball. Each ball is then dropped into the individual tins where the melted leftover lard is lying after the Yorkshire Puddings have been transferred to the plate.

The absorbent balls then soak up the fat. By the time lunch is over all the balls are now hardened balls of fat ready to throw into the bin. And moreover the individual tins have very little fat left in them to wash out.

Can I claim this top tip as my own ? Maybe I can call it Terry's Fat Balls Tip ? smile

Last edited by tdubya (Sun 11 Mar 07 5:52pm)

Likes (0)

#2 Sun 11 Mar 07 5:58pm

George83

Member since Mon 08 Jan 07

Re: Tip for dealing with hardened fat leftover from Yorkshire Puddings

Oh Tdubya don't get rid of the fat. Just let it solidify and keep it in the yorkshire pud tin for future use (sounds gross I know), this is a great tip I learnt in Yorkshire and it really does help to make yummy pudds.

smile

Likes (0)

#3 Mon 12 Mar 07 1:48pm

itsdanny

Occupation Web Gimp
From W Yorks
Member since Mon 14 Aug 06

or if you really don't want it, then tip it into your bin, when still warm, but not hot. careful you've no whole in the bin though...

Likes (0)

#4 Mon 12 Mar 07 3:09pm

Anna

Forum champ
From Switzerland
Member since Fri 15 Apr 05

I'd work on the name a little, Fat Balls are never appealing.

whistle

Likes (0)