Subscribe to forums RSS

Topic closed

#1 Fri 23 Mar 07 5:37am

bdaniel

Occupation Legal secretary
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Fri 23 Mar 07

Hi I'm new to Jamie's forum - Jamie at Home

Jamie, I don't usually post messages in these types of things, but I just had to say I love your new show that is currently showing in Australia - Jamie at Home.  It's brilliant and I love the simplicity and rustic feel of it all.  My question is, when are you going to put out the book with all the receipes from the show????  THIS IS A MUST!!  I'm sure all the other members will agree with me on this one!  Keep up the great work.

Likes (0)

#2 Fri 23 Mar 07 8:23am

Maree

Forum champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Re: Hi I'm new to Jamie's forum - Jamie at Home

Hi and welcome to Jamie's forums!

I'm new, too. Well "newish"- 13 days but have managed to "clock" 80+ posts and that's with "days off".

All of the people I've dealt with are friendly and keen to help.So, jump right in. You only get "out" of something what you put "in".

As for the book (and hopefully a DVD), Jamie is refining the recipes, the stylists and the rest of the team are doing likewise. We've been specifically asked not to discuss the recipes here (on forum) until the "finished product" is published. We have come to expect a helluva lot from Jamie, so let's let him and his team polish the recipes and all that goes into making a "Jamie" book.

Did you know that Oz is the first country to have "Jamie at Home"? We are very, very lucky to have this honour. Even the Brits haven't seen it. Shows Jamie acknowledges his huge fan-base in Oz and (in a previous post/e-letter to Oz members) requests our feedback.

Cheers,
Maree

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#3 Mon 26 Mar 07 5:16am

bdaniel

Occupation Legal secretary
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Fri 23 Mar 07

Thanks for responding Maree!  I'm looking forward to the new book once it is finalised.  I imagine there is a lot of work that goes into creating a new book so am quite happy to be patient and wait for it's release.  So do you work for Jamie in some capacity here in Australia?  I've never been online in this sort of capacity before so it feels weird but as you said, you get out of it what you put into it.

Cheers
Barb

Likes (0)

#4 Mon 26 Mar 07 6:06pm

Bob

From Jamie's office
Member since Wed 13 Apr 05

Hi and welcome to the forum

glad you're enjoying the show - you can follow this topic here:
http://forum.jamieoliver.com/viewtopic.php?id=23704

for talk on all things 'Jamie At Home'