Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Wed 28 Mar 07 12:42pm

SonjaK.

Occupation bookdealer
From near Aschaffenburg
Member since Wed 28 Mar 07

hello from germany

hi @ all,

my name is Sonja and I am (what a surprise) new to this forum. Since I was a teenager I love  GB and cooking. I love to try out different and unusual ingrediences and my guests are (most of the time  tongue ) not only surpriesed but also pleased.  hmm  Sometimes they have to be very brave.....  whistle

As I am unemployed since many years, I started to sell used bookes with succsess. Both of my children are adult and already left home. I am divorced and since 7 years I live with the finest man a woman ever could meet or concor for herself.

Well, my english is very much out of practice but I try to improve by reading english books or listening to audiobooks in english. So please be patient with me.  help  It would be very nice of you (and I apreciate it) if you correct my mistakes.  thumbsup

Jamie Oliver..... well, yes...  smile Some years ago I zapped through the tv-programes and I saw a young man jumping through his kitchen, doing crazy things with pans and pots and I was fascinated. And right in this very minute I fell in love with his humour and his way of cooking. The only thing I really hated, were the german translations, horrible  puke . And the show lost so much of its spirit ..... so... next thing: Sonja did get all of the available videos of Jamie.... And I love them...

Any more questions? Never hesitate to ask.

Have a nice day
Sonja

Last edited by SonjaK. (Wed 28 Mar 07 12:45pm)

Likes (0)

#2 Wed 28 Mar 07 12:44pm

johnny1shoe

Occupation firefighter
From newcastle upon tyne

Re: hello from germany

hi sonja,hope yr ok.....so whats your fave thing to cook? puke

Likes (0)

#3 Wed 28 Mar 07 12:54pm

SonjaK.

Occupation bookdealer
From near Aschaffenburg

Hi Johnny, 
at least nothing, people have to  puke  !  mrgreen

I love to try out thing. I love to cook with unusual spices and herbs, and I collect herbs. But right now, my collection is very smal, 'cause many died while I was moving into another county within germany. It is much colder here that it was in my last home and many died.  mad I have to start anew.

Because of the profession of my partner, we very often have to have dinners and bueffets??? (I have to make a table full of fingerfood and smal other things while he has to lecture students). I do not know, if the word is right.

Comming Fryday I have to think of a dinner for 22 colleagues of him. And as there is no kitchen the food has to be cold, but I hate simple sandwiches. every one does them ( lol but not me). I bought a smal stove today I can use for to heat the soup I'll serve. You know any splending recepie for it?

I love to cook for as many guests as possible.

regards Sonja

Last edited by SonjaK. (Wed 28 Mar 07 12:58pm)

Likes (0)

#4 Wed 28 Mar 07 1:59pm

johnny1shoe

Occupation firefighter
From newcastle upon tyne

i also love to grow my own herbs,dont know why but they seem to taste better than when i buy from the shop..... thumbsup

Likes (0)