forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#31 Wed 04 Apr 07 3:41pm

Anna

Forum champ
From Switzerland
Member since Fri 15 Apr 05

Re: Easter and Lent...

Oo Georgie, have you seen the new Diptyque scents?  They brought loads of new ones out.  I just bought a sweet pea one, it's gorgeous.  I'm addicted to the violet ones but my boyfriend says they make the house smell of old ladies...

I just accidentally ate an entire Green and Black's egg... it was one of the Maya Gold kind, soooo good (and I don't much care for chocolate).

How many people are you cooking for on Sunday?

Likes (0)

#32 Wed 04 Apr 07 5:38pm

Georgie

From Jamie's office
Member since Thu 06 Jul 06

OOOOH!!! no!! I have not seen them... Sweetpea? god, i love sweetpea, right, im off to check out the new range! i love diptyque candles, we have them in the office... theyre beautiful!

i love the fig one, it reminds me of cyprus... and Baies... so lush!

G+B is gooooood... maya gold is heavenly!

i'm cooking for 12 smile i cant wait! just discussed menu with my nana... wooohoo!!

Likes (0)

#33 Wed 04 Apr 07 5:48pm

Anna

Forum champ
From Switzerland

Goodness.  You'll need a lamb the size of a large dog to feed all those mouths!

Yeah, they've got sweet pea, leather (gorgeous), basil, honey, moss... I spent nearly an hour picking them all up, sniffing them, then repeating the entire excercise.  My boyfriend went mad and stalked off to go look at manly things...   big_smile

Likes (0)

#34 Wed 04 Apr 07 6:11pm

ANN

Forum champ
From North Carolina
Member since Thu 15 Jul 04

Anna,  Finally someone who knows that it is possible to accidentally eat an entire chocolate egg!!  You ladies have a wonderful Easter!! smile

Likes (0)

#35 Wed 04 Apr 07 6:18pm

Georgie

From Jamie's office

Haha!! you too Ann!

Oh my god Anna, you have got me all excited about diptyque, im heading straight to Selfridges after work to have a good old sniff around! they sound ace! (intrigued by the leather one too...)

x

Likes (0)

#36 Wed 04 Apr 07 8:26pm

Anna

Forum champ
From Switzerland

Thanks Ann, same to you!  It's a serious affliction, closely related to slipped-fell-and-ate-a-tub-of-icecream-itis. 

Georgie, have fun.  They're sooo nice, it took me ages to decide just which one to buy.

Likes (0)

#37 Thu 05 Apr 07 5:24pm

Georgie

From Jamie's office

oh, i got confused  oops too much for a little brain! ill have to go back when im not in a rush...

soooo, today has been easy and great food wise! i have had:

rye bread with peanut butter and banana

couscous with roasted veg, toasted pine nut and apricots

plum sorbet

yumyum! off out this eve, might be tricky  exclaim

Likes (0)

#38 Fri 06 Apr 07 2:19am

bcrain

Forum champ
Occupation Duty Free Lancome and Fragrance sales
From Greater Vancouver
Member since Mon 23 Oct 06

Mmmm, did you toast the rye Georgie? Love hot toast and PB!  wink

Likes (0)

#39 Fri 06 Apr 07 3:04pm

Stefanie

Forum champ
From Flashing my gold
Member since Fri 09 Jul 04

Hi everyone...mmm Georgie...plum sorbet!!  thumbsup

Anna,you ACCIDENTALLY ate a chocolate egg eh....  wink

I'm doing Nigella's easter egg cake,but in cupcake form...devilishly light but decadent...hmmm never thought I'd use those 2 words together...

Happy Easter,all!

Last edited by Stefanie (Fri 06 Apr 07 3:05pm)

Likes (0)

#40 Fri 06 Apr 07 5:26pm

young mum

Forum champ
Member since Tue 22 Mar 05

Stef is this the one?

Nigella's Easter Egg Nest Cake
Cake
125g Butter - unsalted, softened
250g Dark chocolate
6 eggs - 4 separated and 2 whole
175g Caster sugar
1 tsp Vanilla extract

Topping
250ml Double cream
125g Dark chocolate
1 tsp Vanilla extract
Small chocolate easter eggs - ideally sugared eggs

1) Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees C and line a springform tin with baking paper
2) For the cake, melt the butter and chocolate and allow to cool.
3) Whisk the 4 egg whites until foamy and gradually beat in 100g of the sugar until peaks form; they should not be stiff.
4) Whisk the 4 egg yolks and 2 whole eggs with the remaining 75g of sugar and the vanilla essence. Fold in the melted butter and chocolate.
5) "Lighten the chocolate mixture with a dollop of egg whites" and in three additions, fold in the rest of the egg white mixture.
6) Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 35-40mins until the cake rises and cracks on top, and the centre doesn't wobble.
7) Let the cake cool in the tin. The centre will collapse and form a crater, and the sides will crack.
8) Carefully remove the cake from the tin and place on a serving plate/cake stand.
9) Melt the chocolate and let cool. Whip the cream until it is aerated but not stiff and add in the vanilla essence. Fold the chocolate into the cream topping.
10) Fill the crater with the chocolate cream and spread towards the edge of the cake. Decorate with the chocolate eggs.

Likes (0)