forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Mon 02 Apr 07 1:46pm

shopoholic

Member since Sun 08 Jan 06

Lasagne-Help please!!

Hiya....Ths probably seems like a silly question but ive never made a lasagne before but im gonna make one today however can someone please tell me how many layers of lasagne sheets to use please?For example I know you put some sauce in and then layer with pasta sheets then more sauce and pasta sheets etc but how many layers at a time..is it just the one?? oops Help would be appreciated!!! mrgreen

Likes (0)

#2 Mon 02 Apr 07 1:58pm

Anna

Forum champ
From Switzerland
Member since Fri 15 Apr 05

Re: Lasagne-Help please!!

Just one layer, otherwise the pasta won't cook properly.  There's an exact science to the order of bechamel, ragu and pasta, but I've never been too orthodox about things.

Likes (0)

#3 Mon 02 Apr 07 2:16pm

shopoholic

Thanks vey much!!! big_smile..Gonna have a go now!! smile

Last edited by shopoholic (Mon 02 Apr 07 2:17pm)

Likes (0)

#4 Mon 02 Apr 07 2:45pm

frizz1974

Forum super champ
Occupation Mother of 2 working more than full time
From Wallerawang, Oz
Member since Wed 29 Jun 05

Hi Shopaholic, just a few points:

Cut sheets to fit. You dont want them to overlap. A small gap is ok as the sheets swell a little with cooking.

I place a little tomato sauce on the bottom, then sheets of pasta, then my bolagnaise sauce, then more sheets, then sauce, then more sheets of pasta then a nice thick layer of bechamel & top with grated cheese.

Another tip, if using dried lasagna sheets, you want your sauce a bit looser as they soak up the extra liquid.

Gotta hate a dry lasagna. mrgreen

Likes (0)

#5 Mon 02 Apr 07 3:57pm

shopoholic

Thanks!!

All done now though ..hope its ok...It smells and looks yummy just gotta taste it now!!! lol

Hope my pasta is ok though as think I made abit too much sauce so it was to the top of the dish I used so I was worried about it coming over the top so left it for about 30mins then ive just covered it with foil and then gonna reheat it later for tea!!!

Likes (0)