forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Fri 04 May 07 8:59pm

Ellsbird

Member since Fri 04 May 07

Hey Jamie: Retro Dinnerware

OK Mr. Oliver.  So I have spent a gagillion dollars on a fairly comprehensive set of Retro patterned dinnerware. 

My heavy handed mother in law broke one of my big fella plates.  I am aggravated, but not alarmed, yet.  I go to replacements.com - my fallback for replacing broken pieces of china - only to discover they have no Big Fella plates in stock. Apparently, there is not a piece of Big Fella available anywhere in the US - or the UK for that matter!

Aggravating.  Very aggravating!  Why can't RW produce a supply of replacements?  Certainly people are breaking these things left and right!

Thank you for hearing my vent!
evil

Likes (0)

#2 Fri 04 May 07 11:00pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

Re: Hey Jamie: Retro Dinnerware

)Ellsbird, welcome to the forums....I have just looked up the plate on the internet.( don't you think that was brave of me with the plate being called 'big fella' I was a little wary of what might show up !! lol )
.and ....they were avalible for purchase at John Lewis department store. I am sure that I also saw some at Mc Arther Glan Designer Outlet in Bridgend Wales recently...so they are around.

Likes (0)

#3 Fri 04 May 07 11:28pm

GeoffP

Forum champ
Occupation Retired Clergy & Computer Consultant
From Bradford, West Yorks
Member since Mon 03 Jul 06

Fur USAns - order here:-

http://www.tableware.uk.com/pattern.asp … ttern=2532

Don't look that retro to me smile

Likes (0)

#4 Sat 05 May 07 12:01am

Maree

Forum champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

Try www.replacements.com. I have replaced/ added to 70s to 2000s. They are very helpful.
Good luck!

PS. Tell them I sent you!

"Cook with love and laughter ..."
    Likes (0)

#5 Mon 07 May 07 6:23pm

Ellsbird

Thanks for the replies. FYI, I am in the US and mentioned replacements.com is also out.  Thanks to Geoff P for the tableware.co.uk lead...I will check it out!

Thanks again! big_smile

Likes (0)

#6 Mon 07 May 07 6:26pm

Ellsbird

sad
Well...tableware.co.uk did not pan out....they have the plain white line,but not the "Retro" line. Retro has a geometric pattern.

Thanks anyway!

Likes (0)