forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Tue 12 Jun 07 5:13pm

holeys

Member since Sat 22 Oct 05

forgot the sugar in brownies :-(

HI everyone.
I finally got round to buying all the things for making the brownies and just put then in the oven and only to realise when cleaning up I left out 360g of sugar. Now I sooo worried they are going to taste not so good has hoped. I so annoyed I was looking forward to them, is there anything I can do to them to hopefully not have to bin them.
jaz

Just took them out of the oven they taste soo bitter because of the 200g of dark chcocolate  help

Last edited by holeys (Tue 12 Jun 07 5:38pm)

Likes (0)

#2 Tue 12 Jun 07 5:50pm

SusanneH

Forum champ
From Germany
Member since Mon 13 Mar 06

Re: forgot the sugar in brownies :-(

Only thing I could think of to sweeten them after baking is to put on a really sweet frosting....

To not throw them away you could use them in a trifle or tiramisu (instead of the lady fingers or sponge). Soak them in something sweet (liqueur or sirup or whatever) and the sweetness of the fruit, custard / creamy stuff will take away the bitterness.

And then just make the brownies as such another time wink

Likes (0)

#3 Tue 12 Jun 07 5:53pm

holeys

Member since Sat 22 Oct 05

I like the sound of sweet frosting, so annoying i forgot the sugar i was looking forward to them after getting chcocolate all over the kitchen and meself. Thanks susanne for the tips.  smile

Likes (0)

#4 Tue 12 Jun 07 10:35pm

SusanneH

Forum champ
From Germany
Member since Mon 13 Mar 06

holeys wrote:

so annoying i forgot the sugar i was looking forward to them after getting chcocolate all over the kitchen and meself.

Oh I know the feeling!!!!!
angry  lol

Likes (0)