Jamie Oliver

forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Wed 15 Aug 07 1:08pm

Set

Member since Sat 14 Apr 07

Yakizobaaaaa and Korean Grill marinades

I believe this forum has a good number of japanese people right?! big_smile would anyone of you be kind enough to share a really good recipe or an authentic recipe for yakizoba? and if anyone have the recipe for korean grill marinades that'd be awesome too big_smile

Likes (0)

#2 Fri 17 Aug 07 1:08pm

Set

Re: Yakizobaaaaa and Korean Grill marinades

anyyoneeee?! sad

Likes (0)

#3 Fri 17 Aug 07 5:22pm

bcrain

Forum champ
Occupation Duty Free Lancome and Fragrance sales
From Greater Vancouver
Member since Mon 23 Oct 06

I posted a Korean short ribs ( L.A style ) recipe ages ago, I wonder if I can find it for you? Is that what you are after?

Likes (0)

#4 Sat 18 Aug 07 10:26am

Set

ooooo sure big_smile sounds good ahhaha thanks smile

Likes (0)

#5 Sun 19 Aug 07 4:53am

bcrain

Forum champ
From Greater Vancouver

OK, this is not set in stone but here ya go;

in a 2 cup measure;

pour in about a 1/4 cup saki or a little less.

next pour in about a 1/4 cup or a little less of japanese soy sauce

***add about 4-5 tbsp of white sugar or more...

add 2-3 tbsp of sesame oil

add 2 tbsp of finely minced garlic

lots of freshly ground black pepper.

add a tsp od roasted sesame seeds if desired

mix this marinade well until the sugar dissolves.

Place your beef short ribs thast are approx 1/4 to 1/2 inch cut into a large flat container, a large ziplock baggie works well... place them so that they are fairly flat or somewhat overlapping. Use 2 bags if necessary... sprinkle in the onions and some red bell peppers and thickly cut green onions... make sure everything is evenly distributed.... now add your marinade to your bag(s). The marinade should be salty but sweet at the same time with that distinctive hint of sesame oil and of course quite garlicy big_smile You can play around with the marinade if you like adding less saki, etc... just make sure that the balance of sweet and sour is balanced. I marinade for at least 8 hours. Cook on a very hot grill, they should be just done ( med) and slightly chared and served with fresh lettuce as a wrap and or sesame leaves and a Korean hot paste called, Sunchang Ssamjang, or seasoned bean paste. You can cut the bones ogg with a knife as you serve or eat at the same time.... hope you like! smile

Likes (0)

#6 Sun 19 Aug 07 4:51pm

Set

mmmmmmm sounds awesome big_smile ill be sure to try this recipe out =-D thank you very much bcrain

Likes (0)

#7 Mon 20 Aug 07 7:27am

bcrain

Forum champ
From Greater Vancouver

Enjoy! Don't forget the extra saki and Sapporo beer! Or Jinro if it's handy smile Chilled is best... yummy

Use a bit of your marinade for a few ribs and test them out them add or correct your marinade thereafter... write down the recipe so you know what you either took out or added... well you know what I mean, to your liking! smile Hope it turns out well wink

Likes (0)

#8 Mon 20 Aug 07 7:29am

bcrain

Forum champ
From Greater Vancouver

Oh, p.s. if need be, add a little water to the marinade if nessary ( too salty) and some vegt. oil... but just a few tbsp's...

Likes (0)

#9 Mon 20 Aug 07 11:46am

Set

thats bad bcrain im only 17...still 'illegal' to drink here in thailand ahahahhah :P but since u suggested i shall follow ur suggestion...even though i dont...drink, nevah! lol /sarcasm off =-P

Likes (0)

#10 Mon 20 Aug 07 5:31pm

bcrain

Forum champ
From Greater Vancouver

lol Oh sorry! I didn't know you are underage! Enjoy the ribs but no drink for you wink

Likes (0)