forum: Campaigns and Community

Subscribe to forums RSS

#11 Fri 03 Oct 08 10:56am

leftchef007

Occupation Apprentice chef
From Perth, Australia
Member since Mon 14 Jan 08

Re: Opening a Restaurant Questions

i think Semphermea has hit the nail on the head here. Experience will probably make or break the business in the end. Good advice.

Likes (0)

#12 Fri 03 Oct 08 5:44pm

mrpab

Forum champ
Member since Wed 23 Jul 08

I agree with the previous posters, but just one additional note relating to the original question - there are "total inventory control" systems that begin with wait staff holding 'palm pilot'-type devices instead of pad and pencil to take orders - each order is instantly electronically relayed to the kitchen, and also into the restaurant's database, facilitating everything from end-of-shift reconciliation, to ordering of supplies based on what's been consumed each day. We first saw this system in Japan, now it's everywhere. In the experience of restaurant people we know, the extra cost to get this system up and running will be vastly offset by a reduction in mistakes and dishonesty.

Likes (0)

#13 Fri 03 Oct 08 6:03pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Be present as much as possible to oversee every aspect of your business to avoid theft from employees, waste and quality going downhill when you are not there.  This business is full of problems, you must have experience, expertiese in all areas of this business and helpful, polite staff and even then, it's very hard to make it.

Last edited by MsPablo (Fri 03 Oct 08 6:04pm)

Likes (0)

#14 Fri 03 Oct 08 6:06pm

TheBeast2

Forum champ
Member since Fri 31 Aug 07

Sorry to say this, but I don't think the OP had any real interest in opening a successful restaurant.

Otherwise (s)he would have at least responded to other posts in this thread.

Likes (0)

#15 Thu 11 Mar 10 8:22pm

jorton

Member since Thu 11 Mar 10

Hello,

I think you have to put some any person in charge who is your very good friend of well known person as a manager. and you have to go everyday to take a look on them.

thanks!!

Likes (0)

#16 Mon 07 May 12 10:22pm

stevetamer

Member since Mon 07 May 12

In today's demanding world, more and more people are turning to the web for simple ways to order food from their favorite restaurants. If you are a business owner and don't have your own website, there is a good opportunity you are losing business to your competitors. In addition, having a website does not promise that you will get the desired users coming to your site and this is where eatonline, an expert on online restaurant menus and online ordering can help.

Last edited by stevetamer (Wed 16 May 12 10:27pm)

Likes (0)