Jamie Oliver

forum: Gardening / Growing

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Mon 17 Dec 07 12:31pm

SparkleBell

Member since Mon 17 Dec 07

Chicken Potato Tomato Recipe

Hi Everyone

I was hoping someone might be able to help me with a recipe that Jamie cooked on a show air in Austalia - Jamie at Home.

He did a dish where he pan fried the chicken thighs (as he said they have all the favour!) and then baked it slowly for about an hour and a half. He added potatoes and tomatoes and made some amazing marinade that you poured over the dish before baking.

I have made the dish and "Jamie, it was wonder in taste and easy. You really are a very cleaver and talented man". I have searched my house high and low, and can not find the recipe.... :-(

Could any one please help, I have two fussy little boys who loved the meal. One of the very few meals that the whole family can enjoy together.

Please, if someone could help it would be some very much appreciated.

Thank you and best regards,

Sparkle Bell

Likes (0)

#2 Mon 17 Dec 07 1:39pm

GeoffP

Forum champ
Occupation Retired Clergy & Computer Consultant
From Bradford, West Yorks
Member since Mon 03 Jul 06

Re: Chicken Potato Tomato Recipe

You will find the recipe on this site already - its one of those which Jamie published earlier:-

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/meat … with_sweet

Likes (0)

#3 Mon 17 Dec 07 9:52pm

SparkleBell

Member since Mon 17 Dec 07

Dear Geoff

Thank you for your reply.... How very quick you were, this is the first time I have ever something like this and thought I would have to wait ages.

I did see that recipe but it's not the same one. This one I am looking for pan fried the chicken first and it has a herb, I think thyme, and lemon juice in it.... I just can't remember what else! And it didn't have any chilli....

Any chance you can think of another that might fit that discription.??

Again, thank you for you help and have a great Christmas.

Kind regards

Sparkle

Likes (0)

#4 Tue 18 Dec 07 9:58am

Cindy

Forum champ
Occupation Registered Nurse
From Adelaide, OZ
Member since Tue 03 Aug 04

Sparklebell, we have been asked not to post the recipes from the book or the current series at this time.

The book is now readily available everywhere in Oz and I think Big W has it discounted.

Likes (0)

#5 Thu 27 Dec 07 4:40pm

rushs

Member since Thu 27 Dec 07

I too am having same problem with this recipe. Cooked it day after it was on telly while still fresh in my mind. Have now bought the book and I'm certain the book recipe is different to what was cooked in the programme.
Could someone please confirm I'm not cracking up. I know you are not allowed to print the recipes but I'm sure it originally contained rosemary, lemon and chorizo? help

Likes (0)

#6 Fri 28 Dec 07 4:49am

withnailcancook

Member since Fri 28 Dec 07

I just watched this episode and it's oregano folks. No rosemary, lemon or chorizo (that was used to make the 'Spanish' omelette).  crossed

Last edited by withnailcancook (Fri 28 Dec 07 4:50am)

Likes (0)

#7 Fri 28 Dec 07 6:24am

Helen S.

Occupation artist/writer
From Australia
Member since Thu 21 Apr 05

yeah, just oregano.

Do yourself a favour and buy the book or DVD. I got the DVD for Christmas. I like the gardening bits.

I love that chicken recipe too - I'll have to use some chicken breast for my boring family, but I'll have some tastier meat. Yum. Can't wait till the potatoes grow.

Likes (0)

#8 Fri 28 Dec 07 11:27am

The White Rabbit

Forum super champ
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Tue 22 Jun 04

rushs wrote:

I too am having same problem with this recipe. Cooked it day after it was on telly while still fresh in my mind. Have now bought the book and I'm certain the book recipe is different to what was cooked in the programme.
Could someone please confirm I'm not cracking up. I know you are not allowed to print the recipes but I'm sure it originally contained rosemary, lemon and chorizo? help

As someone else said, I think you may be confusing it with another recipe from the same program that was a potato and choizo omlette.

Likes (0)

#9 Wed 02 Jan 08 8:50pm

Andrew_m_06

Member since Wed 02 Jan 08

the marinade was with fresh oregano, sea salt, olive oil and a bit of red wine vinegar. Love this recipe and all of Jamie's At Home ones as well.

Likes (0)

#10 Thu 03 Jan 08 12:31pm

2tbitha3

Member since Thu 03 Jan 08

Yum, thumbsup  I got the book for christmas, and made this tonight for dinner. I used rosemary, thyme & parsley though (had no oregano) it was great. I will definetley try it again with the oregano.

Likes (0)