forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#21 Mon 23 Jan 12 12:34pm

Fred the Needle

Member since Wed 14 Dec 11

Re: Jamie Oliver Pasta Machine

Just to let you know that my Imperia 150 is doing sterling work.  It's a pleasure to use after the J.O. one.  Lots of nice fresh pasta.

Wish I'd done the interthingy research Schmy.  Unfortunately I got a voucher from one of my kids and wondered what I was going to spend it on.

Like Schmy, I'm disappointed that J.O.'s let his name be linked to frankly shoddy equipment.  The Imperia may be about 20 more expensive but it's really worth it.

Likes (0)

#22 Sun 05 Feb 12 4:35pm

youngpapa smurf

Member since Sun 05 Feb 12

I was given JO pasta machine by my daughter - lasted 2 attempts before the turning handle jammed on the roller setting. Sainsburys great - gave me a voucher as they had none in stock - however they are selling last of stock off at 3.00!!! I do wonder why having read other reports on these pages.

Likes (0)

#23 Sun 05 Feb 12 6:55pm

FlyingMoose

Member since Sat 19 Feb 11

Has anyone been to Recipease to make 'filled pasta'? It's well worth the visit. There's one in Clapham and one in Brighton. It's a super-fun thing to do for a birthday with friends or just a treat for a friend.

You learn how to make a few different shapes and a super-easy filling & dressing. It's a great way to try it out first and see how easy it really is, to make your own pasta. 
You also get to use a pasta machine, so it's a great way to try that for the first time too, before you buy one - and get advice about what to look for - you don't need to buy the pricey ones!!

The filled pasta lesson is an 'eat-in' one so you eat what you make at the end, and enjoy it with a glass of wine smile
Here's a link - you can see Jimmy - the chef/instructor, on the right - who is usually based at the Clapham Recipease.

So much fun that I'd go again to do filled pasta!! smile

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipease/bookings/

Love to hear about people's experiences with making pasta.

KC

Likes (0)

#24 Tue 04 Dec 12 7:54pm

nosher62

Member since Tue 04 Dec 12

I too  bought a jamie Oliver pasta Maker and after first use both rollers Jammed
As i am an Engineer i took it apart and repaired the Machine.
I Cannot Believe JO PUT HIS NAME ON SUCH A SHODDY PIECE OF MACHINERY
not very well Made should have known when it was made in Holland not
renown for its workmanship.

Jamie please check Units before you put your Mark on it

angry

Likes (0)