You're welcome Maree  thumbsup

Likes (0)

#22 Mon 29 Oct 12 9:55pm

SusanneH

Forum champ
From Germany
Member since Mon 13 Mar 06

Re: Best Simple Flapjack

Thank you Mrs Pablo. We just have "Haferflocken" in soft and coarse. I have no idea what rolled, steel cut, or whatever other oats and oatmeals are to be quite honest.
Using more syrup sounds sensible. I am not sure what texture I need BEFORE baking to judge. i.e. how runny or thick does the mix have to be?

Likes (0)

#23 Wed 31 Oct 12 10:24am

BritFinn

Forum champ
Occupation Opiskelija
From Finland
Member since Thu 26 Aug 10

Susanne, I've found the mixture it quite dry, it's more thick and sticky, not at all runny.  I hope that helps  smile

Likes (0)

#24 Wed 31 Oct 12 10:40am

Maree

Forum super champ
From Newcastle, Australia
Member since Sat 10 Mar 07

What about adding a *little* water (as in teaspoons) at a time?

Really have no idea what I'm talking about but am in "mueseli bar" -type mode.

Hope I've not added to the confusion crossed.

And those of us who speak English as a first language, we think we're speaking the same language? We, obviously, are not.

Pity NESB people ... think

Likes (0)

#25 Wed 31 Oct 12 2:26pm

BritFinn

Forum champ
Occupation Opiskelija
From Finland
Member since Thu 26 Aug 10

Maree wrote:

And those of us who speak English as a first language, we think we're speaking the same language? We, obviously, are not.

lol  lol  lol

Likes (0)

#26 Mon 20 Jul 15 10:47pm

Prachya

Occupation Food Store
From Singapore
Member since Mon 20 Jul 15

Apple Flapjack Crumble
This is the greatest flapjack!
(At least for me)

Ingredients:

1.1 kg eating apples, such as Coxes
3-4 tbsp apricot jam
juice 1 large orange
140 g porridge oats
100 g plain flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
100 g butter
100 g light muscovado sugar
1 tbsp golden syrup

Method:

Heat up the oven to 190 Celsius (conventional) or 170 Celsius (fan) or gas mark 5.
Remove the apple skin and core.
Thinly slice the apple for mix with apricot jam and orange  juice.
Take the fruit ingredients in an ovenproof dish.
In the large bowl, mix the oats, cinnamon and flour.
Add the small chunks, butter then rub it in gently.
Mix sugar with syrup and store it by the spoon.
Strew evenly over the juices in ovenproof dish.
Baking it for 30-35 minutes or until the juices start to bubble up.
Leave it cool, serve with ice cream or custard cream.

We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone. My blog: http://www.healthyflapjackrecipes.com
    Likes (0)

#27 Tue 21 Jul 15 1:46pm

Member since Tue 04 Nov 14

i love using oats and thanks making pancakes with oats sure is  a healthy idea, i once tried carrot pancakes,added some raisins,cinnamon,i think we should try,maybe with rye flour or wholegrain flour...those apple flapjacks are good,what is the diffrence between pancake,hotcake and flapjack,very confused as i have been meeting those terms in some recipes... smile

Likes (0)

#28 Tue 21 Jul 15 1:56pm

we have many pancake recipe in bulgarian cuisine if someone is interested,"marudnik" a rhodopan pancake,"katma","tiganici"-this are traditional,search them or type bulgarian national cuisine and search for pancake recipes they are good...some are served with honey,some with jam or forest fruit...others with our famous white cheese,we also use bulgarian yoghurt in making them,izvara or ricotta made from cow or sheeps milk...blini were famous in the retro times when russian,french and italian cuisine was taking a boom in the countrys eating culture habits...im planning to make muesli bars,with my greek cookbook,good recipe with honey,nuts,dried fruit...also i can expiriment with diffrent dried fruit,have to show you a recipe for our sesame bars,they were famous we used sugar syrup to bend them and used black sesame seeds and white,sometimes we add nuts.Anzacs are good never tried them,but willing them to taste...nz chef annabel langbein has some great recipes.love oatmeal too,yum-with yoghurt or milk and fruits,such healthy recipe...

Likes (0)

#29 Tue 21 Jul 15 1:57pm

there is also greek tiganites in my greek cookbook ,if someone is interested search them,served with honey and cinammon,tempted to try them,they look like crepes to me,cretan,they look like our katma.

Likes (0)