forum: Food & Drink
- Member Occupation NHS Manager (Dentistry)
- From Bradford, West Yorks
- Member since Sun 20 Jan 08
Quick & Easy pea and mint soup
I LOVE soup and regularly make it myself, here is one of my favourites!
3 large onions
4 stick celery
1 large bag frozen garden peas
1 large potato
A few whole black peppercorns
2 pints of chicken/veg stock
sprig of fresh mint
1) Chop the onions & celery and fry with the peppercorns in olive oil/butter until golden.
2) Peel & chop the potato and add to the pan with all peas and stock.
3) Simmer for 20 minutes
4) Chuck in the sprig of mint and blend until smooth
5) serve with a leaf or 2 of mint and a swirl of cream if liked.
Last edited by Yorkshire pud (Sat 26 Jan 08 7:57pm)