forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Sun 11 May 08 1:33pm

starbrite

Occupation Butcher
From France
Member since Sun 11 May 08

Hello from South Brittany

My names Paul, I live near Sixt sur Aff in south Brittany, I have 2000sq m of Garden, and at the moment i have 11 chickens, 1 Cockerel, 7 Ducks, 2 Geese, 2 Goats, 5 Jack Russels and 3 cats, the numbers go up and down depending on what Im buying/ eating, ( not the cats and dogs), Im trying to avoid buying birds and have bought an incubator, our first attempt at producing our own chickens is on the go.
  Go here to see some photos and videos.

http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/ll4/starbritefr/

Last edited by starbrite (Sun 11 May 08 6:06pm)

Likes (0)

#2 Sun 11 May 08 2:27pm

joeyjoey

Occupation Food Technician
From Manchester
Member since Fri 09 May 08

Re: Hello from South Brittany

Hi Paul welcome to forums, you will be busy then with all those animals!!  smile

Likes (0)

#3 Sun 11 May 08 5:09pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Welcome Starbrite!  Thanks for sharing your photos.  Those Jack Russell puppies are soooo cute!  My sister's husband is from Brittany.  I visited his parents on thier small farm and also went to  Concarneau and Pont Aven nearby which is where his sisters live.  What a beautiful area!  I love the video I took of his mother demonstrating how to make Brittany buckwheat crepes.  His parents have only chickens now and they grow most of the vegetables they eat.  They sold the cows to the farmer next door, so every day, he gives them fresh milk and of course, lots of butter.  I had never had farm food like that before.  It was one of the most memorable experience (for a city girl).

Likes (0)

#4 Sun 11 May 08 6:37pm

French_vanilla

Forum champ
Occupation Secretary
From Dublin - Ireland
Member since Sun 01 Apr 07

Coucou Paul - Bienvenue sur les forums....

Ms Pablo - dont you just love buckwheat crepes?! hum....  tongue

A bientot...

Frenchie

Likes (0)

#5 Sun 11 May 08 6:45pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Yes Frenchie!  My Brother in law's mother makes the best and she has two big crepe griddles in her tiny kitchen.  We go to Paris with my husband's work each year and sometimes go to little Brittany crepe place that's family run, they had a dog named 'Caramel' who would visit while you ate.  Caramel passed away, but it's still a nice place to go.  Very homey.

Last edited by MsPablo (Sun 11 May 08 6:47pm)

Likes (0)

#6 Sun 11 May 08 7:51pm

Katja

Forum champ
Occupation Study to become a social and healthcare assistent
From Denmark
Member since Mon 21 Jun 04

Hi poul ansd welcome wave have fun here  smile

Likes (0)