#51 Wed 04 Jun 08 8:52pm

itsmarie

Forum champ
Occupation Experimental learning
From Surrey UK
Member since Sat 18 Aug 07

Re: When is your Birthday?

whitedog wrote:

I'll be 62 next Feb 19. Pisces cusp with a Virgo cusp rising, lots of fun...Ride my bike, dance, run around, but don't hang in front of the mirror anymore. I was great til about 53. My hair's still blonde. You guys are all so young.

Happy Birthday Sing and Shammy's son!!! Sounds like you guys are having some fun times!

Honey, Pisces, Water = Emotions, Virgo = Ceativity loyalty and stubbon traits, A possible thespian, great people, your as old as you feel and as my mother would say '' you feel with your hands''.
I had my great big god almighty 40th last year, and i expressed to all and sundry i didn't want a card with 40 on, what did my mum do, got me a card and put 4T on it, she had to get me  lol were all not spring chickens and i too dont like mirror right now, but hey they doesn't mean to say that one day i wont look at my self and say '' do you know what, your not that bad, not that bad''.

By the way a not so typical/ oh so typical LEO x

Last edited by itsmarie (Wed 04 Jun 08 8:53pm)

Likes (0)

#52 Thu 05 Jun 08 5:47am

jetdog

Occupation occupied
From Massachusetts USA
Member since Fri 22 Feb 08

Belated Happy B Day Bing Hey Whitedog I am also an old dog but remember , 50 is the new 30  lol Hello fellow Virgos!!

Likes (0)

#53 Fri 06 Jun 08 4:29am

SonomaEddie

Forum super champ
Occupation Chief cook and bottle washer
From Northern California
Member since Sat 10 Feb 07

Sept 23., 1952.  Do the math.  Very happy to say I have not lived the normal life.  I've taken the road less traveled and it really has made all the difference.  Glad for those who can live the conventional life but I think being gay--at least for someone who grew up in the 60's--means you choose other options.  (At least I was no longer pressured into furnishing grandchildren after I came out!)
Eddie

Likes (0)

#54 Fri 06 Jun 08 10:47am

proud mom

Forum champ
Occupation Proud mom....
From West midlands
Member since Wed 09 Apr 08

Eddie you are the same age as my mom as she to was born in 1952 and I can totally appreciate where you are coming from about growing up in such a time that being gay was a crime. My uncle is gay and in the 80's when he was in the army he had such a harsh time because of it but not only by the army but by family too.
Me personally have no problem with it and tell you a funny story now..
My uncle whom I am talking about disappeared for years and we had not seen him for 11 years when he finally got in touch and he was living in Ireland. Well he came over to see us and so I threw a party at my house and my parents were there as well as an aunt and uncle (we are very close) anyway I found myself saying something I never ever dreamed I would say to an uncle..
We were all sitting having a good ole drink and my uncle said "Gav is a great looking bloke" (my hubby) to which I replied "hands off he's mine"  lol  lol  lol
Not the typical conversation between uncle and niece but oh so funny at the time..
So you live happily and bugger those who have the problem I am proud of my uncle and love him dearly and would defend him to the bitter end  mad
Mucho loveo Eddie xxxxx

Likes (0)

#55 Fri 06 Jun 08 3:27pm

SonomaEddie

Forum super champ
Occupation Chief cook and bottle washer
From Northern California
Member since Sat 10 Feb 07

Thanks, proudmum.  Your uncle is lucky to have a niece like you. 
Glad that times have changed and it's no big deal with most people any more so we can all pretty much live our own lives without worrying about what people may do or think. Only people I have a prob with are the religious right who can't seem to rest until they've caused someone else misery.  I do wish they would get a life and leave mine alone.  Oh well.
Eddie

Likes (0)

#56 Fri 06 Jun 08 3:41pm

choc chops

Forum champ
Occupation Restaurant Manageres
From Essex
Member since Mon 24 Mar 08

Eddie, i have a lot of gay friends that have had ups and downs with gay attitudes,  I have been called names myself for working in a gay pub, or going to gay weddings....and what do i say......C**K OFF to them!!!!

How people can judge someone because of the type of person that they are attracted to is astonishing!  shocked

anyway....i better get off my soapbox.... roll

I just hope your proud of being who  you are!         thumbsup

Likes (0)

#57 Fri 06 Jun 08 4:27pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Happy Birthday Whitedog!

I'm fifty, feel young in my mind and usually in body.

Eddie:  Welcome back!  I hope the trip was fantastic!  I appreciate you letting people know how you feel!  I don't know how people get through life without having gay friends, co-workers, neighbors that they love and respect.  How do they isolate themselves to that degree?  Neither my husband or I went the road more travelled.  Maybe one of us should have so we'd be making more money! wink

Last edited by MsPablo (Fri 06 Jun 08 4:28pm)

Likes (0)

#58 Fri 06 Jun 08 7:09pm

SusanneH

Forum champ
From Germany
Member since Mon 13 Mar 06

I think for my Dad's side of the family it would have been awful to have a gay son/grandson! A gay daughter/granddaughter would be somewhat better (though we have no gay family members that we know of. Although I am seriously suspecting that my cousin might gay (have not seen him in person since he was 13, but he is turning 30 now: nothing has ever been said about him being gay, but no girlfriend either - and other "clues" - at least I think being gay is one of the many possible cases). If he is, I can understand why he is keeping it secret (considering the country where he lives + my weird family). 
My Gran recently more or less excused herself for going to a gay hairdresser (the only hairdresser in her village BTW) saying something along the lines of "he's gay, you know, but he's nice anyway".....  I watched my Dad while she was saying that and hoped for a hole to hide in (was so embarrassed by the two - especially my Dad).  My Gran is old and between all her judgmental remarks there was at least a certain appreciation for his work and his character - but my Dad doubted even those..... shocked Sometimes I think Dad and I are from different planets!!! The worst I could have done would have been to study psychology and marry a pastor - or be a gay son....  oops

Religious people who are against gay people (and a lot of other things) really get on my nerves too! And how small their faith, if it is challenged by the diversity of God's own creation and the geniality of it how it can adapt and evolve over and over again. And how arrogant that they think they can tell others how to live their lives....

(What was that about stepping down the soap box? Probably should do that now.... whistle)

Likes (0)

#59 Fri 06 Jun 08 9:29pm

proud mom

Forum champ
Occupation Proud mom....
From West midlands
Member since Wed 09 Apr 08

Eddie look what you have done you have started a revolution....  lol  lol

I am all for it guys come on where  shall we protest first?  wink

Likes (0)

#60 Sat 07 Jun 08 12:31am

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

Instead, let's a have a revival disco party and we'll dance the night away to Abba, Earth Wind and Fire, etc!  Sorry, going back to my seventies college days, my best friend took us all to a gay disco on Fridays where the beer was 25 cents a cup.  I have the music, just bought some recreated by a Japanese band called 'Dance Man' a couple of years ago with funny lyrics made to sound like the English, but totally different meanings.  I am rambling!  Taxi for Martha!  I'll let you know my birthday when it nears so you and my OH won't forget and I might include some gift hints.  I always say, 'don't buy me anything', but that's not what I'm wishing. . .

Likes (0)