forum: Everything else

Subscribe to forums RSS

#111 Wed 08 Oct 08 5:27pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

Re: vendemmia's chiacchiericcio=chatter

Any-one for a game of Italian Monopoly?

We've got a french one, so when we play it we speak .........yes french big_smile

And we've got an english one, so when we play it we speak..................english exclaim  lol

Sometimes we get mixed up tongue but it makes the game good fun, and it's the condition that i imposed years ago as i cant stand playing board games anyway, you know the type that you say 'ok we've got an hour before dinner' sort of thing. I love the board games that can go on for days. Where if you have an hour and more it becomes a sort of rituel.

Likes (0)

#112 Wed 08 Oct 08 5:34pm

mrpab

Forum champ
Member since Wed 23 Jul 08

great idea kye! ever play "Risk"? - that one can go on for 3 days or so!
we once played scrabble (in English) with a German scrabble set, and the scores were all crazy because the letters have different values, for instance 'S' was one of the most valuable letters in German, and "Z" was only worth 2 points or so! lol

Likes (0)

#113 Wed 08 Oct 08 5:43pm

Kye

Forum super champ

lol I've got a scrabble set and we play it in french sometimes but was very risky when playing with the lids hmm 'shouts of its not fair taught us to play on in english right from the beginning.

How about the key boards we are all hitting at, here i've got a french one. At work i've had to use an english one for years. In england my son is using a french one to write english, and often has the Q in the place of the A. lol Good thing he never had any dislexie problems.

Likes (0)

#114 Wed 08 Oct 08 6:01pm

minerva

Forum champ
Occupation Walking the Old Ways
From Living in the Wild Woods
Member since Wed 16 Jan 08

My dear late departed adored "Risk", but the rest of the family dreaded the blasted game.............
...........he became megalomaniac, dictator & rampant loony within minutes of the lid coming off the box!  roll

Edit: Can't spell to save my life today!
Could be something to do with the salad I had down the pub this lunchtime!

Last edited by minerva (Wed 08 Oct 08 6:37pm)

Likes (0)

#115 Wed 08 Oct 08 6:07pm

Kye

Forum super champ

Never played Risk.

While we were all sulking though, no english or french between us we played Otello which i did enjoy. Otherwise one of my sons tried to teach me Chess. hmm

Likes (0)

#116 Wed 08 Oct 08 6:15pm

mrpab

Forum champ
Member since Wed 23 Jul 08

agree with you minerva, 'Risk' turns many mild-mannered people into little Napoleons! lol

Likes (0)

#117 Wed 08 Oct 08 8:38pm

Kye

Forum super champ

aaaah Napoleon, do you know that he had a terrible belly ache because he ate too much nuttela tongue

Likes (0)

#118 Wed 08 Oct 08 8:59pm

MsPablo

Forum super champ
Occupation Just being me
Member since Fri 28 Mar 08

right! the 19th-century nutella didn't have the quality control that we enjoy today... hmm
mrpab

Last edited by MsPablo (Wed 08 Oct 08 9:01pm)

Likes (0)

#119 Thu 09 Oct 08 6:08pm

Kye

Forum super champ

My son has a few stomach problems even now as he just loves that stuff.

Talking about languages, i remember my maths teacher teaching himself Japanese during the lessons. lol

Likes (0)

#120 Thu 09 Oct 08 8:42pm

ACDC

Forum champ
Occupation Bewitched, bothered and bewildered Mother
From Ireland
Member since Tue 19 Aug 08

Japanese maths???   roll  help
What happened the Italian lessons???
I shelled some broad beans today from our allotment, Fava beans Madamada, my hands are now blackened and will need a good scrub later.
We also made Minerva's spiced apple muffins, delicious. Must thank Craig for the recipe.   big_smile  Added an egg, 'cos we missed it in the list of ingredients and couldn't find where we got the recipe so used our initiative. They were yummy. Dad hoping there's some left for him after his football training tonight. Must hide one away.
Hope you guys all well.  thumbsup

Likes (0)