Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Sat 07 Feb 09 5:58pm

pennysaints

Forum champ
Occupation "Homemaker" and lovin it!
From Southampton
Member since Tue 10 Oct 06

Spudulicious, and I'm amazed!

Today I did something I never thought I would do ever! I bought Asda's Extra Special Creamy Mash! I know,I know my ears are burning,BUT! My friends children have flown the nest and she has been known on more than one occasion to sample delights of ready made! I on the other hand have not, until today. What a revelation! My family were out and about this a.m. and I wanted to have hubby's meal ready before he left for work. I am completely unable to mash, and so' yikes  to go with our sausages and veg I decided to try the above! I can honestly say it was some of the loveliest mash I have eaten! We class ourselves as good mash makers(though not being of Irish desent, who are we to say,,Amen for Rooster's), But this stuff is delicious!!!!!!!! Please if you are able (or not as the case may be) give it a try, please, please, please, then tell me if I'm wrong!
As the advert used to go  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  exclaim  exclaim

Likes (0)

#2 Sat 07 Feb 09 6:39pm

Stella Heath

Forum champ
Occupation getting along as best I can
From Burgos, Spain
Member since Mon 27 Oct 08

Re: Spudulicious, and I'm amazed!

What do you mean by you're unable to mash? I have ME, but when I can't use a manual masher, there's always the blender - though i own it's not the same. Isn't there someone who can mash for you?

BTW, where i live there's no Asda's. Glad you liked it. Some pre-cooked foods aren't that bad

Likes (0)

#3 Sat 07 Feb 09 6:46pm

pennysaints

Forum champ
From Southampton

Stella Heath wrote:

What do you mean by you're unable to mash? I have ME, but when I can't use a manual masher, there's always the blender - though i own it's not the same. Isn't there someone who can mash for you?

BTW, where i live there's no Asda's. Glad you liked it. Some pre-cooked foods aren't that bad

Must admit never given processer any thought, Doh!  Few things I can't do' purely physical. But for once I got a bonus from it, for 2 people, easy peasy mash!
thumbsup

Likes (0)

#4 Sat 07 Feb 09 6:50pm

Stella Heath

Forum champ
From Burgos, Spain

Enjoy! You could even experiment, adding cheese,  butter, tuna.. mash is a great combiner!

Likes (0)

#5 Sat 07 Feb 09 6:54pm

pennysaints

Forum champ
From Southampton

After your paella Stella, your my heroin, so might step out of my box again and try some more of your ideas! big_smile

Likes (0)

#6 Sat 07 Feb 09 6:57pm

Stella Heath

Forum champ
From Burgos, Spain

Glad you liked it. It took me years to get the hang of it!

Likes (0)

#7 Sat 07 Feb 09 6:58pm

pennysaints

Forum champ
From Southampton

Your now, well hung, honey lol

Likes (0)

#8 Sat 07 Feb 09 7:04pm

Stella Heath

Forum champ
From Burgos, Spain

lol  lol  lol  lol
Signing off - got to clean up the kitchen for OH to make his fabulous Spanish omelette  yummy  yummy while I take the dogs out

Likes (0)

#9 Sat 07 Feb 09 7:13pm

mummza

Forum super champ
Occupation avoiding housework
From The land of song.
Member since Tue 04 Oct 05

pennysaints , I understand about not being able to mash the potato . Its only recently that I have been able to mash the potato as I had shoulder surgery earlier this year.
Previous to that I had to rely on my food processor to grate cheese and chop things for me.
I never liked the mash from the food processor as it just was not right.

Likes (0)

#10 Sat 07 Feb 09 7:29pm

pennysaints

Forum champ
From Southampton

mummza, know the problem, hands are c**p too, but hey ho!
I have got a large ricer,which I used to be able to use, think mashers are best though! But need someone around for either also picking up pots, etc, argh! But, could be worse by miles.So were all lucky ay! Asda's was so good!  lol  lol still can't believe I bought it exclaim  big_smile

Likes (0)