forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#51 Sun 26 Jul 09 2:48am

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

Re: Ready, Set, Cook Discussion Thread

Ha frizz, you will have to call it Potato Delicious or something. I do so hope I wrote the recipe really well. The potatoes were very big, I don't think there was anything else I could stuff up! I will find out this evening how well it reheats. smile

Likes (0)

#52 Mon 27 Jul 09 8:16am

Luvmegrub

Forum champ
Occupation Cleaner at The Salmon Arms
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Fri 22 Aug 08

I made Joy's kugel yesterday but I'm sad to say they (family) were not excited about it.  It did smell fantastic and I thought it was nice but they said they prefer my standard vege bake dish which is similar to the kugel.  I did change it slightly by using one parsnip and one carrot with two large potatoes, trying to catch up with previous week's parsnip challenge option and do two at once!

What's this week's challenge?  Have I missed it ladies?

Likes (0)

#53 Mon 27 Jul 09 8:47am

Tara

Forum champ
Occupation Mother, Best Friend, home trained cook.
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sat 22 Dec 07

Here tis Luvme, sorry to hear about the families lack of excitement, as least you know they love your vege bake  thumbsup

I've had a rather tiresome weekend, have all the ingredients for my kugel but am yet to make it, will post sometime this week. oops 

WEEK 6 COOKING CHALLENGE COMMENCING 27th July 2009

Suggested by- Mrs_Master - Salmon and Tomato

Choice 1

Go to this link and choose a Fish recipe - http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/fish-recipes

Choice 2

With salmon and tomato create a dish inspired by a something you have always wanted to try, one already in existence.

Choice 3

Using the ingredients salmon and tomato create a dish totally unique to the culinary world, as dish stamped with your name.

Likes (0)

#54 Mon 27 Jul 09 8:56am

Luvmegrub

Forum champ
From Sydney, Australia

Thanks MrsM.   thumbsup  I love salmon.  Had a rather delicious salmon fillet BBQd for dinner on Saturday night with some peri peri mayo  yummy

Likes (0)

#55 Mon 27 Jul 09 8:57am

Tara

Forum champ
Occupation Mother, Best Friend, home trained cook.
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sat 22 Dec 07

P.S I post the challenge idea on Monday evenings our time, mainly because its the euros Sunday so gives them the weekend to finish a challenge.  The four cooking challenges for this month are on the first page of this thread.  I am posting a month ahead for the 4 upcoming challenges, then updating weekly as a reminder.  So if you want to get a head start you may have to go back a few pages to see the original posting for the month.

Next week is the final cooking challenge for the month, so I'll post the next months challenge next Monday along with the final challenge for this month, unless you guys want it earlier for shopping, just let me know.

Likes (0)

#56 Mon 27 Jul 09 12:15pm

shammrok

Forum super champ
Occupation Growing things
From Up the garden path...Tasmania
Member since Thu 02 Sep 04

I have been looking forward to the salmon challenge, went to the fishmongers over the w/e to check out the supply.

Unfortunately I have a sick little one to care for this week so I'll see how things go.

He has a very nasty cold  and horrible cough and cannot go to daycare. The doctor has advised us that it is not Swine Flu, thankfully.

Likes (0)

#57 Mon 27 Jul 09 2:05pm

Luvmegrub

Forum champ
From Sydney, Australia

Maybe you'll get time to open some tinned salmon Shammy!  Hope your little helper gets over it soon  crossed

Likes (0)

#58 Mon 27 Jul 09 2:08pm

shammrok

Forum super champ

Thanks LMG, I had my eye on some nice fillets.
Poor little b.ugger ran me ragged today but his health comes first, at least he has the energy for mischief at the moment. smile

Likes (0)

#59 Mon 27 Jul 09 11:50pm

frizz1974

Forum super champ
Occupation Mother of 2 working more than full time
From Wallerawang, Oz
Member since Wed 29 Jun 05

Put him on the couch with a Thomas the Tank dvd & put your feet up with a cuppa for a while today Shammy. (He used to like TTT, does he still?)

Give him a kiss from me - hope he is well soon.

Likes (0)

#60 Tue 28 Jul 09 12:14pm

shammrok

Forum super champ

Yes Frizz he is still mad for Thomas.

He has been watching dvds in between running me ragged and getting into things and "helping me".  lol

Likes (0)