forum: Food & Drink

Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Fri 04 Sep 09 1:14am

t1mstreet

Member since Fri 04 Sep 09

Ideas for mindblowing Sunday lunch

Hi guys,

Got my wife's birthday Sunday lunch to make this weekend. Any advice of what meat to cook, which doesn't require much prep, easy twists on veggies and a smart dessert? I've got a two-year-old to keep entertained while I cook so needs to be simple. Gotta get the shopping on Friday night so any help would be appreciated!

Likes (0)

#2 Fri 04 Sep 09 1:23am

mrpab

Forum champ
Member since Wed 23 Jul 08

Re: Ideas for mindblowing Sunday lunch

Welcome t1mstreet, you'll like it here! --smoked salmon is a great Sunday brunch thing, not exactly cheap though, but super-easy prep. Asparagus is among the easiest of veg, and has a posh feeling - just steam it in the microwave for 60 seconds, then lemon juice, butter, and S&P.

Likes (0)

#3 Fri 04 Sep 09 1:45am

Luvmegrub

Forum champ
Occupation Cleaner at The Salmon Arms
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Fri 22 Aug 08

Hi Tim, welcome wave

Here's a lovely chicken recipe, I think it's the one from the Pass it On campaign.  You can use bacon instead of posh ham if you like.  Asparagus would be nice with this and maybe boiled new potatoes, not sure what's in season as we don't know where you are.

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chic … crispy-pos

Something chocolatey for dessert is always a hit, just sift some icing sugar over it to make it look posh.

Here's one that doesn't need any baking.  Might be a good idea if you are trying to take care of a toddler at the same time.  If you make this one, make sure you allow enough time for it to set in the fridge.  Sorry, not sure what your kitchen capabilities are so I'm imagining that it's my hubby I'm giving instructions to here.

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/choc … ridge-cake

Have a great lunch and let us know how you get on.

Likes (0)

#4 Fri 04 Sep 09 2:01am

mincepie

Forum champ
From uk
Member since Tue 07 Oct 08

Hiya tim, where are you? uk?
Helps to know what season you're in.

Likes (0)

#5 Fri 04 Sep 09 4:20am

chocolatl

Occupation mom and writer, in that order
From Illinois, USA
Member since Thu 22 Jan 09

Asparagus for the veg, but roast it in the oven and drizzle it with a little balsamic vinegar.  Very easy and elegant.
You can roast potatoes at the same time.

Likes (0)

#6 Fri 04 Sep 09 4:35am

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

Hi Tim,
I made this stuffed pumpkin and it was easy and spectacular and feeds a good number of people: http://www.jamieoliver.com/bloggers/vie … p?id=48740
in the comments you will see the link to the recipe if you are interested.
I think your 2 year old would love to help with this! smile
Best Wishes

Likes (0)