Subscribe to forums RSS

#781 Sun 04 Dec 11 11:43pm

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

Re: Last item you bought ?

Yum Frizz.

I'm thought I might be the only one that bought presents for myself! whistle  I think I will clear the top of the fridge  for the display of.... well now, I can't remember....

Likes (0)

#782 Mon 05 Dec 11 1:52pm

Birdymum

Forum champ
From Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Member since Thu 23 Oct 08

Woolies had trays of large mangos for $10 per tray of 16; most are ripe and need eating within a day or two but that will not be a problem in this house.  thumbsup

Likes (0)

#783 Mon 05 Dec 11 4:38pm

joobes

Forum champ
Occupation My OH and I own a new/secondhand bookshop.
From Somerset, England
Member since Wed 20 Feb 08

A Mexican chicken/lettuce roll and a custard tart for lunch and just over£20 of postage sending some Christmas prezzies over to Australia.
Today is the last posting day for Christmas, hope they get there on time.  crossed

Likes (0)

#784 Mon 05 Dec 11 11:22pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

Little kiddo's desk seat and candles from Ikea, a few books and jumpers for elder kiddo's birthday soon, he said that he won't be 'here' for the date...seeing that he moved out this year he does what he wants... whistle

Likes (0)

#785 Tue 06 Dec 11 12:05am

Luvmegrub

Forum champ
Occupation Cleaner at The Salmon Arms
From Sydney, Australia
Member since Fri 22 Aug 08

I bought a Brie baker for hubby for Christmas similar to this one.  He saw a recipe on MasterChef ages ago so I thought it would be a good idea to get him one and he can be forever in charge of baking the Brie big_smile

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?q=brie+ … amp;zoom=1

Likes (0)

#786 Tue 06 Dec 11 12:05pm

joobes

Forum champ
Occupation My OH and I own a new/secondhand bookshop.
From Somerset, England
Member since Wed 20 Feb 08

Tuna salad roll on brown and a bottle of orange juice.

Likes (0)

#787 Tue 06 Dec 11 12:43pm

falconcy

Forum champ
Occupation Project Manager
From Limassol, Cyprus
Member since Tue 19 Dec 06

Waiting for delivery of my new toy, a digital meat thermometer. This is the kind you can leave in the oven with the readout outside the oven. It should help perfect our roasts and ensure that beef is just the right shade of pink for rare.

Likes (0)

#788 Tue 06 Dec 11 1:35pm

Ashen

Forum champ
Occupation Why is the Rum always gone???!
From out to lunch
Member since Sat 07 Jan 06

you won't regret it falconcy ..  a probe thermo is one of the best investments ever for anyone serious about roasting or bbqing meat.. I have a wireless one that  has a sending station attachted to the probe and a wireless reciever that can clip to my pocket and has a range that lets me go anywhere around my house and still know exactly where the temp is.

I would suggest that a fast instant read  , a fridge and oven thermo are also very useful or if you want to go overboard like me a laser infrared thermometer can replace those last two and is also usefull for other things like candymaking and bbq.

The Universe is alive and self aware. 
Need proof?
Look in a mirror.
    Likes (0)

#789 Tue 06 Dec 11 1:46pm

falconcy

Forum champ
Occupation Project Manager
From Limassol, Cyprus
Member since Tue 19 Dec 06

Yeah Ashen, this has been on my wishlist for yonks. Hopefully it'll arrive in time for Christmas, not holding my breath though.

We've been buying things more and more online as there are serious differences in price between online + shipping and local. DS got most of the parts for his new pooter online, it's a beast and he saved around 500 Euros against the price of roughly the same parts here - though most of the better ones are not available here.

Something simple like a memory card for a camera was 7 Euros delivered vs 18 Euros local.

Likes (0)

#790 Fri 09 Dec 11 12:16am

Kaitlyn

Occupation Stuff and nonsense!
From California
Member since Mon 07 Sep 09

Bought a bag of pistachios and a soda refill.

What I wish we had here in the office: a working heater.  It's been COLD (as my area of California understands cold).   hmm  yikes

Likes (0)