Subscribe to forums RSS

#1 Mon 01 Feb 10 6:41pm

jaseelnino

Forum champ
Occupation House hubby and Taxi driver
From Clondalkin, Dublin, Ireland
Member since Tue 18 Dec 07

Cooking two ducks.

Just wondering, if I cook two ducks in the oven do I cook them for the same lenght of time or add time on because there's two of them?

Cheers,
Jase.

Likes (0)

#2 Mon 01 Feb 10 6:45pm

sergio1972

Forum champ
Occupation NLP Trainer and Coach
From Portugal
Member since Tue 09 Dec 08

Re: Cooking two ducks.

Have never cooked 2 ducks, chickens or so at the same time but would say same length, cause its the weight of each piece that should be taken in account and not the total weight of both pieces. Cooking 2 ducks with 2 kg each isnt the same as cooking 1 duck of 4 kg. Thats how I see it anyway...
But you should be getting a more expertised opinion in a minute!

Likes (0)

#3 Tue 02 Feb 10 4:04am

JoyYamDaisy

Forum super champ
From Melbourne Australia
Member since Sun 12 Apr 09

In a microwave you would cook them longer, but in a conventional oven, especially if it is a good big one, it should be pretty much the same time as far as I know!
Never cooked duck! But it is so for cakes! smile

Likes (0)

#4 Tue 02 Feb 10 11:12am

jaseelnino

Forum champ

Bump bump

Likes (0)

#5 Tue 02 Feb 10 12:49pm

ACDC

Forum champ
Occupation Bewitched, bothered and bewildered Mother
From Ireland
Member since Tue 19 Aug 08

I don't know about ducks but we would often cook two chickens together. I put them in side by side in a big roasting tin, leaving room between them for air to circulate, and I DO add a little extra time only about 15 to 20 minutes. Check after your regular time and add a bit extra if you feel it's needed. Good luck.

Likes (0)

#6 Tue 02 Feb 10 12:56pm

jaseelnino

Forum champ

ACDC wrote:

I don't know about ducks but we would often cook two chickens together. I put them in side by side in a big roasting tin, leaving room between them for air to circulate, and I DO add a little extra time only about 15 to 20 minutes. Check after your regular time and add a bit extra if you feel it's needed. Good luck.

Yeah, was thinking maybe 20 or 30 minutes, but thet will actually be shredded and put into a pan with tomatoes, veg, stock and so on for about 30 minutes so they'll be well cooked anyway.

Likes (0)

#7 Tue 02 Feb 10 1:40pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

They'll be ok as long as they are not too close to each other in the oven. You need to make sure there is space between them to let the hot air circulate. I use a large roasting pan and turn it halfway through the process to ensure even cooking.

Placing 2 cold birds into a hot oven will lower the temperature more than just one, but a gas oven recovers quickly. I wouldn't add much more than 15 minutes to the whole time.

Likes (0)

#8 Tue 02 Feb 10 1:45pm

jaseelnino

Forum champ

Thanks Kye

Likes (0)