#31 Fri 16 Dec 11 12:34am

@nGoose1

Forum champ
Occupation Shop worker/KP/ Commis chef
From UK/Germany
Member since Wed 28 Oct 09

Re: Food foraging around the UK

The White Rabbit wrote:

An extension to my (much) earlier caution. Avoid old petrol station sites, they usually have contaminated the ground water and that moves very slowly so it will be there for a long long time and moving in the direction the ground water does.

Kye, I agree outside the fence is fair game. I asked a neighbour if I could take mulberries off the branches hanging over the fence on to the street. They cut down the tree. I'd even said if I'd not got a response I wouldn't do it....i even offered to share the jam. It was a famous person....one of the members of ACDC.

A whole lotta mullberries. Having a jam with someone from AC DC. Now that is cool.

Likes (0)

#32 Fri 16 Dec 11 1:27am

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

@nGoose1 wrote:

The White Rabbit wrote:

An extension to my (much) earlier caution. Avoid old petrol station sites, they usually have contaminated the ground water and that moves very slowly so it will be there for a long long time and moving in the direction the ground water does.

Kye, I agree outside the fence is fair game. I asked a neighbour if I could take mulberries off the branches hanging over the fence on to the street. They cut down the tree. I'd even said if I'd not got a response I wouldn't do it....i even offered to share the jam. It was a famous person....one of the members of ACDC.

A whole lotta mullberries. Having a jam with someone from AC DC. Now that is cool.

(missed this) famous person or not, tell him to p*ss off.

Problems with neighbours , so the guys had a tree growing on their lands, hanging over to another garden or path and refused to share. When neighbours trees pass the limit of garden fences...they become your very own property, branches with or without fruit ... you can cut them down or pick the fruits.

Likes (0)

#33 Fri 16 Dec 11 10:56am

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

I usually plant things that go over the fence and allow plants from the neighbor's gardens to inva(h)de "my" space because I think there should be no borders if everyone likes them, very oftn it's a good politic of neighboring manners ........... would you say so shocked  think ...... it works with good neighbors, not the ones that want everything to be square lol

Likes (0)

#34 Fri 16 Dec 11 11:56am

frizz1974

Forum super champ
Occupation Mother of 2 working more than full time
From Wallerawang, Oz
Member since Wed 29 Jun 05

@nGoose1 wrote:

The White Rabbit wrote:

That is really quite shameful... I realise of course they wouldnt want someone hanging around but its quite possible that the person leaving the note didnt know who lived there.

BTW HELLO TWR - How is bubs?

Likes (0)

#35 Sun 01 Jan 12 5:46pm

@nGoose1

Forum champ
Occupation Shop worker/KP/ Commis chef
From UK/Germany
Member since Wed 28 Oct 09

Outbid on a crab pot! January sales, here we come! Anyone out there cooked shore crabs? Do they need purging in some way?

Likes (0)

#36 Sun 01 Jan 12 6:56pm

minerva

Forum champ
Occupation Walking the Old Ways
From Living in the Wild Woods
Member since Wed 16 Jan 08

kye in france wrote:

When neighbours trees pass the limit of garden fences...they become your very own property, branches with or without fruit ... you can cut them down or pick the fruits.

Er.................be very careful doing this, Kye................do this in England & you stand to be taken to court & given a hefty fine for vandalism/theft!!!

The fruit/wood only becomes yours here, if you find it on the ground............you may trim branches overhanging your property with permission, but by law you must return the wood to its owner. The fruit on the tree belongs to its owner whilst it is attached to the tree.

Likes (0)

#37 Sun 01 Jan 12 6:59pm

Kye

Forum super champ

yikes

Likes (0)

#38 Sun 01 Jan 12 7:05pm

Kye

Forum super champ

Just found this article, and translated on Google

If plantations encroach on the neighbor's property, it has the right to require that the branches are cut, and he has the right to cut himself to the boundary between roots. (Article 673)
Attention! Cut the roots themselves may endanger the life of the tree, harm is an act that makes you liable.

Likes (0)

#39 Sun 01 Jan 12 11:38pm

Grandmadamada

Forum champ
Member since Fri 19 Nov 10

my husband wants to bind the leaves of my huge cardamom plant invahding the passaggio in the hall  shocked ........... can I consider him a neighbor lol

Likes (0)

#40 Sun 01 Jan 12 11:42pm

Kye

Forum super champ

Do and sue him, my husband and son dug out a bush that they thought was in the way...i caught them out from an upstair window evil ....they replanted it in its initial place big_smile

Last edited by kye in france (Sun 01 Jan 12 11:42pm)

Likes (0)