forum: Chicken

Subscribe to forums RSS

#11 Sun 21 Feb 10 6:56pm

kiprosewood12

Occupation Student
From South Wales
Member since Sat 20 Feb 10

Re: Battery ban under threat

battery farming should be done away with as soon as possible. The conditions they keep chickens in are appaling angry

Likes (0)

#12 Wed 24 Feb 10 5:24pm

Kye

Forum super champ
Member since Fri 04 Apr 08

Success for hens: Poland's proposal rejected

This is the latest mail from Compassion in world farming...........

Great news!
Yesterday the EU Council of Agriculture Ministers rejected Poland's attempt to delay the Europe-wide ban on barren battery cages. As a result, the ban is still due to come into force as planned in 2012.

Thank you to the 10,214 dedicated supporters who lobbied the UK government by sending emails, post cards and letters - once again, you have shown that we can get things done for farm animals when speaking with a united voice. This latest campaign also reiterates the need to be vigilant about the threats that remain, even when victories such as the forthcoming battery cage ban have been gained. Whatever the challenge, Chicken Out! and Compassion in World Farming will continue to take decisive action until the battery cage ban is fully implemented across Europe.

Thank you for your support; we share this victory with you.

Likes (0)

#13 Wed 24 Feb 10 7:36pm

MsK

Forum champ
Occupation Travelling around the globe..
From ..Holland..land of windmills!!
Member since Tue 12 Jan 10

I stopped eating chicken after learning about the conditions these chickens live in...and also when i learned they fill up the chicken breast/fillet with water/fluid to make them look more juicy to customers...actually i only eat meat when i go out for dinner...thats about once or twice a month and when eating at my parents house..which is also once or twice a month...also because i really suck at baking a piece of meat without turning it into a shoe sole...

Likes (0)

#14 Wed 24 Feb 10 7:56pm

Kye

Forum super champ

MsK wrote:

I stopped eating chicken after learning about the conditions these chickens live in...and also when i learned they fill up the chicken breast/fillet with water/fluid to make them look more juicy to customers...actually i only eat meat when i go out for dinner...thats about once or twice a month and when eating at my parents house..which is also once or twice a month...also because i really suck at baking a piece of meat without turning it into a shoe sole...

Quite the terms that i use myself. If i can't find/afford a biological chicken i won't buy one. The eggs at home are also biological and not only 'free range' as i don't think that the chickens are fed correctly in most cases. Most times there is a patch of green or soil concerning the 'free range' and they have to eat what they are served.

Likes (0)

#15 Wed 24 Feb 10 9:45pm

MsK

Forum champ
Occupation Travelling around the globe..
From ..Holland..land of windmills!!
Member since Tue 12 Jan 10

So true Kye!

Likes (0)

#16 Thu 25 Feb 10 10:38am

Kye

Forum super champ

mr spice wrote:

Do you know the German equivalent...i've forwarded the link to my UK friends...but I don't live there any more

Heres their site, down on the left is marked 'contact us'. Otherwise mail: chickenout at ciwf-alerts.org.uk

Likes (0)